autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mounted both of my California Palms 10 x 15 canopy frames in my Mobile rig today!

Check it out... I mounted these 2 frames inside my mobile detailing rig i am currently building... This is where both frames will ALWAYS stay mounted... this means no moving from garage to van etc.. easy access to 2 x 10x15 canopies for A LOT of shade when they are used together. I was recommended this setup indirectly from SUPERIOR SHINE in one post I must of read. I love the quality of these canopies. I will put each canopy top inside a 30 gallon rubbermaid Brute container and both will be mounted on top of the water tank. I paid about $450 each

Mounted both of my California Palms 10 x 15 canopy frames in my Mobile rig today!-2-jpgMounted both of my California Palms 10 x 15 canopy frames in my Mobile rig today!-1-jpgMounted both of my California Palms 10 x 15 canopy frames in my Mobile rig today!-3-jpgMounted both of my California Palms 10 x 15 canopy frames in my Mobile rig today!-4-jpgMounted both of my California Palms 10 x 15 canopy frames in my Mobile rig today!-6-jpgMounted both of my California Palms 10 x 15 canopy frames in my Mobile rig today!-7-jpgMounted both of my California Palms 10 x 15 canopy frames in my Mobile rig today!-55-jpg

2. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mounted both of my California Palms 10 x 15 canopy frames in my Mobile rig today!

Impressive!

4. Likes josher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mounted both of my California Palms 10 x 15 canopy frames in my Mobile rig today!

Nice! Looks like a ton of shade and space to work when side by side.

6. Likes josher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome setup! Those will serve you well.

What do you have left to complete the rig? Or do you have what you need? When are you going to go into business?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Awesome setup! Those will serve you well.

What do you have left to complete the rig? Or do you have what you need? When are you going to go into business?

Thank you all.. I'm excited to have them mounted and out of my garage, good freed up space! I have pretty much all of my equipment accept for my 75' Strongway Retractable extenion cord / reel... and my exhaust for my Honda eu3000is... I am going to rig an exhaust out of my van so I can have all of my doors closed while running the generator. That generator with the Dynamatted sound deadened cargo area with all doors closed is SUPER QUIET. I was going to figure out a way to run my 75' cord out of the van with all the doors closed as well.

Equipment I have already but am going to have fixed mounted inside my van includes:

**275 gallon water tank
    **Honda 3100 psi +AR
    **100' non scuff water hose + reel craft reel
    **Honda EU3000is Generator
    **Luxor 3 tier + 8bottle organizer cart. (Pretty big cart)
    **Racotac (kneeling creeper - TOTALLY WORTH IT!)
    **Sunnex mechanics tractor seat (worth it also<----^)
    **Grit Guard Pad cleaner
    **75 ft. Stongway extention cord / reel
    **2 x 10x15 California Palms canopies
    **Vapor Chief 125 Steamer
    **Flex 3401 DA Polisher (direct drive niiice!)
    **Flex PE 14-2 150 Rotary (I have only used a rotary once...lots of practice ahead)
    **Meguiars M100 DA Polisher
    **All polishers will me hung on my Griott's garage polisher holder stuck to some diamond plate on the rear left of the vans wall...
    **3 LED work lights might be hung on the wall... I want to be functional as well as nicely presentable all at the same time. I have been doing work but not as a fully setup and MOBILE van.... Once it's all HARD MOUNTED ready to roll I will call that fully ready.... Sometime in March I anticipate. Also I have a website to be working on as that / business cards are not completed. I have my business license approved by the city I reside in so that's done at least and paid for. I have my domain Josher.biz but the website hasn't even been started on other than uploading a picture to see how WIX works.. I believe I will have a bit of work ahead of me this summer... exciting but a little nerve racking too! I'll keep you posted with pictures as it becomes more ready... Maybe i should post a thread somewhere else with my van progress

9. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have the same canopy but we haven't had a chance to bust it out yet. Maybe tomorrow, we have a paint correction which should take awhile. Oh, and must have. A post you MUST HAVE read.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josher View Post
    Maybe i should post a thread somewhere else with my van progress
    Please do!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget about an air intake for the generator.

Maybe you can use that stearing the hose on a hose reel. Get it through the backdoor or the side. Mount it so the hose goes at angle slightly downwards from the inside to the outside. So the rain water has trouble to get in the van. And you can attach a rubber plate over this on the outside also. It's the part with 4 reels I meant you can use. And maybe it can be some kind of that you can get that is meant for getting through walls.

Something like this.
    Mounted both of my California Palms 10 x 15 canopy frames in my Mobile rig today!-8730046_chassi_mont__slangstyr_rf_4rb-ss_rostfri-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Don't forget about an air intake for the generator.

Maybe you can use that stearing the hose on a hose reel. Get it through the backdoor or the side. Mount it so the hose goes at angle slightly downwards from the inside to the outside. So the rain water has trouble to get in the van. And you can attach a rubber plate over this on the outside also. It's the part with 4 reels I meant you can use. And maybe it can be some kind of that you can get that is meant for getting through walls.

Something like this.
    Mounted both of my California Palms 10 x 15 canopy frames in my Mobile rig today!-8730046_chassi_mont__slangstyr_rf_4rb-ss_rostfri-jpg
    Thank you Swetm! I will keep that in mind as that looks perfect if I can find a good spot for it! :b

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a short video of my Van and how it sits this very moment. I am actually going to my friends to HARD MOUNT EVERYTHING that's why I just have everything thrown in here not strapped down..... that's my next step! YouTube

15. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast