autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Need help choosing a da

Well i am having a hard time choosing which polisher to add to my arsenal. Right now i have a Flex 3401, Rupes Mini, Nano iBrid and a Meguiars g110v2 (mainly used for carpet brushes. I like all of them the Meguiars was my first machine and i eventually upgraded to the Flex 3401 and now i want something that's not forced rotation. I feel there is a time and place for the Flex 3401 but sometimes a free spinning da would be nice because they are easier to control. I cant decide on either the Rupes LHR 15 mark 2 or the Flex XFE 7 15 and right now i can get the Flex 15% off. Does anyone have experience with both machines and could give me a little insight to help me out thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help choosing a da

I love my GG 21 with a 5" BP. I have a Rupes 15 first gen, Mini, GG6, Duetto. My favorite is the Duetto and if it doesn't have enough cut I go to my GG21.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I love my GG 21 with a 5" BP. I have a Rupes 15 first gen, Mini, GG6, Duetto. My favorite is the Duetto and if it doesn't have enough cut i got to my GG21.
    I was thinking of it especially with their warranty but i have seen several people talking about them breaking while using them on cars and that could be bad. Wonder if they fixed that backing plate issue or if it was just a defective one.

Post Thanks / Like

Although I do not have one, after reading about them and having previously owned a GG6, I would definitely buy a GG21. With the warranty and whole BOSS system, I think the GG21 is a system that is a winner. I have been contemplating selling my Rupes 15 and going with the GG15 so I can keep similar pads (not sure if that would work well).

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

5. Likes VISITOR, custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oboroballa03 View Post
    I was thinking of it especially with their warranty but i have seen several people talking about them breaking while using them on cars and that could be bad. Wonder if they fixed that backing plate issue or if it was just a defective one.
    What did you hear was breaking? What's the backing plate issue? I've not had any issues with my GG6's or GG21/GG15.

Post Thanks / Like

WE GUARANTEE IT
    Griot's Garage was built on high expectations, which is why everything we sell is covered by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and Lifetime Guarantee against defect.
    We strive for perfection in everything we do so you always... Have fun in your garage!®

Post Thanks / Like

there's going to be a small percentage of problems with any tool/product. there have been people who had the shaft snap off the PCXP but that doesn't stop people from using it. stuff happens sometimes...

Post Thanks / Like

I've had my GG6 for 8 years with absolutely no problems and my G15 since they were first announced and never had an issue. But, if something where to happen I know Griots would take care of it.

10. Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    there's going to be a small percentage of problems with any tool/product. there have been people who had the shaft snap off the PCXP but that doesn't stop people from using it. stuff happens sometimes...
    Yup, and Flex's too.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I love my GG 21 with a 5" BP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast