autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help choosing a da

The Flex and Rupes stuff is really nice. Great fit and finish. I've used a gg6 too, which is also a good tool. The owner of the shop had gone through twelve of them, and like three Dewalt 849x tools. His Rupes Mk2 21 somehow endured.

I tend to stick to tools sold by the actual manufacturer, like Flex or Rupes.

While you can use whatever pads and polishes you like with the Rupes, they still advocate using it as a system with their proprietary pads, and polishes. The Flex is good to go with Whatever you wish to use. I've used the 15 mk2, but not the XFE, so I have no direct comparison. I have owned both the 3401, and PE14, and know that I find both Flex and Rupes to be the highest of quality of all the tools I've used.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea the Rupes and Flex seem to rank pretty high in quality and my mini is very smooth and quiet i really like it. Maybe its more of personal preference on all the differences and dislikes of each tool i am sure they would all be good machines just which one makes you happy i guess. The warranty of the griots is making me lean more towards it now that i am looking into it. I am no professional detailer i only do about 20 cars a year but i like to keep mine looking good also so that's another reason. If i can save 55 dollars over the Rupes plus the 15% off i am sure it would serve me fine and use the other money to get another backing plate possibly. I ordered a $500 gift certificate incase i went with the Rupes i could save some money but now i am thinking differently after this post. I appreciate everyone's responses so far you all just like to make it hard on someone lol (joking).

Post Thanks / Like

Besides personal preferences, the warranty make Griot's a winner for me. One year vs lifetime is a no brainer IMO. Plus, they have excellent customer service if you ever do need it. I still haven't seen any issues with the backing plates though.

4. Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oboroballa03 View Post
    Yea the Rupes and Flex seem to rank pretty high in quality and my mini is very smooth and quiet i really like it. Maybe its more of personal preference on all the differences and dislikes of each tool i am sure they would all be good machines just which one makes you happy i guess. The warranty of the griots is making me lean more towards it now that i am looking into it. I am no professional detailer i only do about 20 cars a year but i like to keep mine looking good also so that's another reason. If i can save 55 dollars over the Rupes plus the 15% off i am sure it would serve me fine and use the other money to get another backing plate possibly. I ordered a $500 gift certificate incase i went with the Rupes i could save some money but now i am thinking differently after this post. I appreciate everyone's responses so far you all just like to make it hard on someone lol (joking).
    If you'd ever want to consider a "Starter" Rupes kit, it's a whole new world. With their pads and polishes.... It has a slight learning curve, especially with the blue, green, and grey foam pad/liquids, but once a degree of proficiency is attained, it can shave some time off your job, and bump up the finish. When I got into the system, I started with the blue/yellow combo. Now I have all of them. Keramik (yellow), and the yellow pads - both foam and microfiber - is what I use most. I also really like Quarz (green) on the yellow pad too, for one stepping.

That's just a suggestion though. You can absolutely use whatever you want with it.

Rupes also offers a "tune up" service for $85.00. They'll go through clean up the tool, perform some maintenance, and replace some worn items. You'll have to check their website for details.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12