autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Up Your Roll Carts!

Quote Originally Posted by tmdals0213 View Post
    are they held into place with nuts on the back?Post Up Your Roll Carts!
    yep, i used all SS hardware to mount the hooks. The cart is actually from Ikea, cost about $25.

2. Thanks Dan Tran thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Folding cart picked it up from Menards last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HCF View Post
    Folding cart picked it up from Menards last year.
    That looks like my Olympia Tools cart. Great for saving space and when I am mobile, but the shelves could be a little taller.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My shop has been discussing a Rubbermaid janitorial cart. Use the trash collector for either trash (obviously) or dirty towels. Multiple shelving for interior cleaner, window cleaner, interior vent brushes, floor mat brushes... thoughts?
    Post Up Your Roll Carts!-detail-cart-janitorial-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Up Your Roll Carts!-detail-cart-janitorial-jpg  
    Last edited by JeepJT04; 01-08-2019 at 04:19 PM. Reason: image resize

Post Thanks / Like

Jeep,

We have those carts in the office where I work, and I eyed them for months thinking about buying one for detailing, until I built my own. Although I wish I had made mine a bit smaller, I'm happy with what I built. But I still think that this Rubbermaid cart would be terrific!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mk9750 View Post
    Jeep,

We have those carts in the office where I work, and I eyed them for months thinking about buying one for detailing, until I built my own. Although I wish I had made mine a bit smaller, I'm happy with what I built. But I still think that this Rubbermaid cart would be terrific!
    I was discussing designing out own Carts to our sales manager. With 8 Detailer's, building our own would get expensive!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JeepJT04 View Post
    My shop has been discussing a Rubbermaid janitorial cart. Use the trash collector for either trash (obviously) or dirty towels. Multiple shelving for interior cleaner, window cleaner, interior vent brushes, floor mat brushes... thoughts?
    Post Up Your Roll Carts!-detail-cart-janitorial-jpg

I like that one quite a bit, actually. Had seen it and thought of using the trash collector for used MF towels. The other side would carry a bucket for rinseless washing. What kept me from buying it was the price. That was the biggest reason I didn't do it.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    I like that one quite a bit, actually. Had seen it and thought of using the trash collector for used MF towels. The other side would carry a bucket for rinseless washing. What kept me from buying it was the price. That was the biggest reason I didn't do it.

I agree the price is on the higher side. My benefit would be less cabinets on the walls to have product hiding in. I could centralize that into one storage cabinet and each of my techs would be able to refill as needed throughout the day. MY shop actually caught fire in April and the new one is almost complete. So we are redesigning how we store and handle products.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post

I agree the price is on the higher side. My benefit would be less cabinets on the walls to have product hiding in. I could centralize that into one storage cabinet and each of my techs would be able to refill as needed throughout the day. MY shop actually caught fire in April and the new one is almost complete. So we are redesigning how we store and handle products.

Post Thanks / Like

I spent less than $60.00 I think in materials. Like I said, I wish I made it smaller, but, it's really handy. As you can see, I did have a bit of a problem - I mucked up my hand by grabbing the drill bit instead of the chuck when I was trying to take the bit out of the drill. I'm not a woodworker, but I was pretty pleased with the results.Post Up Your Roll Carts!-img_20180304_131555472-jpgPost Up Your Roll Carts!-mdthzmfrtmix-6hxu6gnvq-jpg

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast