autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for a new polisheer

Looking for a new polisher

hey everyone, this is my first post on the forum and I wanted to get some feedback on machine polishers.

All the machine polishing I've ever done has been with a Porter Cable. It was a good starting point for me to learn how to polish and do paint correction. But now I feel like it doesn't have the HP in the motor to make the correction process go a little faster.

So I'm looking for a machine what would be a step up.

I have thought about getting a flex or a Rupes but I don't detail everyday to justify spending the money on one.

I just work on my cars, family cars and a few side jobs that pop up. But I still want to get something that's all little more semi-pro if you know what i mean.

I been looking at the Torq 10fx advertised by Chemical Guys , or the Meguiar's MT300.

Just from looking at them online they both look like solid machines that might be a step up from what I have now.

Just wanted to see if you guys had any input on either of these machines or had any other options I have looked at.

Mike Phillips

Re: Looking for a new polisheer

Ha ha....

I just answered you in the Chatbox on how to start a new thread.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...hp?do=cchatbox

You're good...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Looking for a new polisheer

hey everyone, this is my first post on the forum and I wanted to get some feedback on machine polishers. All the machine polishing I've ever done has been with a Porter Cable. It was a good starting point for me to learn how to polish and do paint correction. But now I feel like it doesn't have the HP in the motor to make the correction process go a little faster. So I'm looking for a machine what would be a step up. I have thought about getting a flex or a Rupes but I don't detail everyday to justify spending the money on one. I just work on my cars, family cars and a few side jobs that pop up. But I still want to get something that's all little more semi-pro if you know what i mean. I been looking at the Torq 10fx advertised by Chemical Guys , or the Meguiar's MT300. Just from looking at them online they both look like solid machines that might be a step up from what I have now. Just wanted to see if you guys had any input on either of these machines or had any other options I have looked at.

Post Thanks / Like

Get a Rupes, you get what you pay for.

Post Thanks / Like

My buddy has the CG Torq polisher and so far is not overly impressed. He says it feels unbalanced and vibrates a lot compared to his other choices. I would jump at the Meg's one first if it were me.

I have had fantastic luck with Griot's. But recently my New Rupes Bigfoot has been stealing my heart. It doesn't even feel like it's running. If you were deaf and blind, you wouldn't know until you touched the spinning pad. The thing is so well built too. Buuuuuuuut.......$$$Cha-ching$$$
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AeroCleanse View Post
    Get a Rupes, you get what you pay for.
    Yep, after getting a Rupes I look at all my other machines as a waste. Yes my Griot's got my feet wet, but for what it cost I was halfway to a Rupes already. Ah well, all is good now.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

Check AG`s polishers 15% off storewide (no rupes )

*15% Off Coupon Code TRIPLE15 valid on in stock items. Not applicable on previously placed orders, RUPES Polisher and polisher kits, single Griot's Garage polisher units, Vapor Chief Vapor Steamers, and gift certificates. One coupon code per order

Post Thanks / Like

I would look into getting a Polisher TODAY REGARDLESS of what DA you pick. 15% Off is a great deal. If it were me I would look into the Flex 3401 or Rupes or Boss. The new Mikita DA/Forced Rotation DA looks great too. You will get so many if it were me I would get this one or that one you will actually get confused. Do your research and look at what are the pros and cons of what each DA can do. All I can say since you have the PC7424 XP (which I have too) look into the brands that I mentioned.

I still use the PC as my mini polisher as well as sealant/wax applicator as it is still a great machine.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

I realize it is easy for me to try and spend your money, but hear me out. You bought the Porter Cable and after using it decided to upgrade. What happens in a couple months or a year if/when you are not happy with the performance of the Torq or MT300. You will wish you got the Flex or Rupes.

I bought the Rupes LHR 15 MarkII a few years ago using discounted AG gift certificates. So I got the Rupes for 25% off. I used my own logic to justify the Rupes purchase over a less expensive DA. The Rupes was my first DA. I have had a rotary for many years prior to the Rupes.

Part of me wishes I would have bought the Flex 3401, but I am very happy with my Rupes. If I would have bought the Flex, I'm sure I'd be saying that I'd wished I bought the Rupes There are times were forced rotation of the 3401 would be very helpful.

"Buy once, cry once"

"I'm too poor to buy cheap things"

BTW not saying the quality of any of these polishers are cheap. Just a cheesy saying

Post Thanks / Like

You already have a PC polisher so forget those guys you listed below:

(Torq 10fx advertised by Chemical Guys , or the Meguiar's MT300)

Instead---go for either flex, griots 15 boss or a Rupes 15 mark II. Between your PC and these 3 I mentioned---should be able to knock out 95 % of your polishing needs.

Tom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.