autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can't Find A Decent Spray Bottle Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Have you ever had the pleasure of looking through a Griots Garage monthly catalog? I betcha don't feel the same way about them though... lol.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not somekind of CG fan or anything.. Heck, the only CG's product I have and like is their Gray Matter waffle weave, but according to what you just said that would mean that their staple polishes & compounds such as V34-V36 are simply rebranded products that can be found under another label somewhere? If that's the case, then I'm all ears... What's the sister brand?
    No, just their tools. Whether they be polishers, pads, brushes or even their microfiber.

Their liquids are definitely theirs.

From a business perspective it makes sense for them to sell the brushes pads and what not too, because people who don't know better will buy from them. They have a huge following on YouTube. If you look at what Larry Kosilla does with his brushes and towels, he does the same thing. People spend money on the products the people they trust use.

By the way, I like most of Griot's stuff. Although Griot's doesn't MAKE their microfiber, they are their own independent design.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Can I find these Tolco Sprayers here on AG?

Post Thanks / Like

Holy Cow! That actually make a bunch of different bottles and sprayers. So many choices, so little time.��

Post Thanks / Like

For those that like the Griots bottles & sprayers (22 oz. & 35 oz.)... you can buy them directly from Griots. Just call their customer service line to order.

The Griots 22 oz. bottles fit the pockets of the popular "detailers bag" (original style) perfectly!

http://www.autogeek.net/pinnacle-detail-tool--bag.html
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

So - let's add to this for a moment.

From time to time I also come across product-supplied sprayers with a pop-out foam setting. I have a couple of 303 bottles like this. I'm surprised that there aren't more options in the "industrial supply" space that have this as an option.

I'd really love a hard working, reliable trigger sprayer with the foam option too. I can't rely on keeping product sprayers limping along (and sometimes the original product is caustic and my intended use is, say, interiors and leather so I'm not even sure that I want to reuse).

Any options?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash Willy View Post
    I have a bunch of these 36 oz spray bottles, which are great because of the marked dilution ratios on them. I am having a hard time finding a decent spray nozzle/trigger for them. The ones they came with are flimsy, and don't spray well. I even got my finger caught in the gap between the trigger and body.

36 Ounce Detail Bottle

I had the older version of the Griots Garage, which I used for these bottles and they work well, but they have worn out, so I am in need of new ones. I tried the newer version that AG sells, however they aren't that good either. They too feel flimsy, the trigger action isn't good, and it doesn't spray/atomize the fluid well.

Can anyone recommend a good trigger I can use with these bottles that have the following?
    -Durable
    -Solid Trigger Feel/Action
    -Good Atomization
    -High Volume

If there are no decent triggers for these bottles anymore, I would be open to trying a different bottle all together.
    All I can say is those standard white ones you posted are inferior same thing happen to me.Spraymaster has nice bottles and sprayers with dilution chart on bottle will set you back 6.00 a bottle.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I own a bunch of Tolco triggers. They are no better than the free ones, a little more comfortable imo.

Post Thanks / Like

No mention of the Kwazars? Are they considered too expensive or not reliable enough? I got 3 of these for about $10 each and free shipping (may have been the sister site, but still PBMG). The double-trigger feature is great. Makes me not want to use regular spray bottles any more. They are great to use. Can't say how they're going to hold up yet.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

Model 260™ Valu-Mist® Sprayer
    Up to 3.5 times greater output per stroke significantly reduces the number of times you pull the trigger reducing hand fatigue. Sprayer saves 20% - 40% while maintaining resistance to common janitorial chemicals.
    Polypropylene sprayer
    Rubber piston cup
    High output; extra large spray pattern
    3-finger trigger & rear support makes extended use more comfortable
    28/400 thread size
    3.5ml per stroke
    Bottles sold separately

My favorite for waterless wash, it delivers 5-10 sprays worth fluid in one trigger pull. easy to use puts out a nice mist.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
    No mention of the Kwazars? Are they considered too expensive or not reliable enough? I got 3 of these for about $10 each and free shipping (may have been the sister site, but still PBMG). The double-trigger feature is great. Makes me not want to use regular spray bottles any more. They are great to use. Can't say how they're going to hold up yet.
    Kwazar sprayers pump and trigger are all I use now.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast