autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suggestions appreciated before I purchase

That system is very impressive. The first time I used it, I was blown away. Sometimes I consider using the D300/DCMF exclusively for my cutting, then using my favorite foam pads, polishes, and sealants to finish.

Best results are usually realized by following manufacturer instructions. If you do this with the DAMF system from Meguiar's you probably won't be disappointed.

I haven't tried the D302 yet. I've seen it work great with a yellow Rupes microfiber pad as a one step polish process. In my experience, Ultimate Polish worked great with that pad as a one step.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    Been using a toothbrush on Megs,Optimum,Rupes MF,Surbuf,Carpro wool/mf etc with great results. Can't imagine not using a toothbrush on them to get them clean in a hurry. If you don't have access to a compressor, a toothbrush works well.
    Just a heads up.

The blue Rupes pads have a looped fiber, unlike the most other mf pads. Maybe Buff and Shine has looped fiber too - I'll have to look later. Using the normal, pad conditioning brush can pull the fibers out of the pad if used to aggressively. I destroyed about four or five pads by cleaning them with that brush. Instead, I moderately brush them out while the machine is turned off, then wipe with the microfiber towel. This has helped with the longevity of these pads on particular.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

RE the Rupes microfiber pads... both the blue and yellow have the same construction.

RE using a brush to clean ANY microfiber pad... as was said... IF you don't have air they'll work... in a pinch.

I'd still be willing to take air to any pad that was cleaned by a brush-towel combination and I'll bet you the cost of the pad that air will ALWAYS get more gunk out of the pad(s). (Then of course we have that all important cooling factor.)

Funny thing about air, cleaning, and cooling..... while I've always recommended at least 4 (preferably 6) compounding pads, (when using FIFO). I've been able to use only TWO microfiber pads to do an entire vehicle more times than I can remember. Even though they cut harder, and build heat easier (between the pad and backing plate--- and into the backing plate) that silly air just helps ya' keep going (still using FIFO).

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the microfiber pads and d300. Looks like a great setup, my first setup was nearly identical except for the polisher.

Post Thanks / Like

Just get enough fresh pads on hand and void all that time wasted cleaning them while doing a detail job every minute counts get in and get out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123