autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Metro Sidekick vs Chemical Guys VX6

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Get a Homelite Blower brand new for like $32 @ the big orange place..
    However its got its weaknesses. I want to shorten and tighten the spout on mine to make it a little more concentrated.

I just purchased a sidekick though because while the blower does great on the roof, hood and door panels, its a bit unwieldy on all the nook and cranny areas.

Post Thanks / Like

In the real world most people don't have a quality lsp on their paint. They simply want a quik wash and would be hard pressed to notice or be interested in flawless looking protection.
    I think the individuals you have described are the target market of a car wash, not a detailer.

This sounds like it is an occasional issue for the OP, rather than being 'most people' he deals with. In my reality, I only deal with those vehicles when I'm doing a favor. If it's a client in that situation, then it's likely time for a decon and LSP, and I charge accordingly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post
    I think the individuals you have described are the target market of a car wash, not a detailer.

This sounds like it is an occasional issue for the OP, rather than being 'most people' he deals with. In my reality, I only deal with those vehicles when I'm doing a favor. If it's a client in that situation, then it's likely time for a decon and LSP, and I charge accordingly.

Yea you make a good point.. And yes it's usually those certain people who I've known for a long time [i.e. parents of longtime friends, lady neighbors, or like you said, favors] who fall into that category. Meaning folks who aren't any bit fanatical about their vehicles. As opposed to clients who specifically look for a proper full detail from day 1 of our relationship.

I don't own a Water Sprite, but I worked with a highly regarded detailer who swore by that thing. Didn't matter if we were washing a Toyota or a Bentley, it was always the same system of 2 Water Sprites to quickly dry the vehicle

I wouldn't say they're as safe as waffle weaves, but they certainly dry a vehicle fast + wring out for repeated use.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't own a Water Sprite, but I worked with a highly regarded detailer who swore by that thing. Didn't matter if we were washing a Toyota or a Bentley, it was always the same system of 2 Water Sprites to quickly dry the vehicle

I wouldn't say they're as safe as waffle weaves, but they certainly dry a vehicle fast + wring out for repeated use.
    I have a leather chamois. Not my favorite thing in the world honestly. Kinda why I switched to waffle weaves. haha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post

Some of my clients (since some of my packages do not include an LSP for those who already have one) who get a complete interior/exterior package I have the same problem with too. Honestly, I can upsell most of them, but theres probably a good 20% running around without them. They don't see the need. Like I've stated before in this thread, I've been thinking about a price increase including a quick wax or sealant to at least get some sort of beading action out of it, but it doesn't help me the first time I go to dry the car.

Post Thanks / Like

OTS - I'm doing all my cars with HydroFoam or Hydro2 now and I am pleased with the results. It has greatly aided in my drying time and satisfaction on cleaning daily drivers.

In rare circumstances where I need a towel, I break out the MM DMC. Between the Sidekick and that towel, plus shade, I have found a combination that works for me with a wide variety of vehicles.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123