autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SunJoe SPX3000 longer hose?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerheroin View Post
    Hey yg1829,

No problem it had been a while since Snellvillauto posted about this as his post regarding parts was posted on page one so I may or may not get a response which is understandable.

I will atleast post what I have learned so far about the SPX3000

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....RL._SX522_.jpg

1) Easy to setup, took me about 20min in total from unboxing to getting everything put together.

2) Unit out of the box work well

3) MTM Foam Canon Attached easily to the standard SunJoe Wand using a 1/4" quick disconnect.

4) Matt from Obsessed Garage as well as allot of other people on this forum and other forums are correct about a few things that become annoying very quickly:
    - Pressure Washer Hose is way to short that came with the unit unless you feel like dragging the pressure washer everywhere.
    - Installing the MTM Foam Cannon on the front of the long wand is manageable but very unstable
    - the stupid M22/15mm fitting that they use on the machine are extremely stupid. there is no reason for this at all SunJoe could have used M22/14 fittings which almost every manufacturer uses (note who used M22 fittings) ( I will be writing a long letter to SunJoe about this as this is completely stupid)

5) Action Plan Going forward:
    - Swap out SunJoe hose with Norther Tools's (NorthStar Nonmarking Pressure Washer Hose — 4000 PSI, 50ft. x 3/8in., Model# 989401980)
    - Install NorthStar Pressure Washer Quick Coupler — 3/8in. Female, 4000 PSI, Brass, Model# ND10003P on Both ends of hose
    - Install M22 Female 15mm Twist Connect x 3\8 NPT Female (Non Standard M22 Connector) - EBay Item onto SunJoe Wand & Pressure washer along with 3/8" Coupler
    - Use MTM Hydro M407 Gun (3/8" couple on inlet port with mosmatic swivel) and 1/4" quick disconnect on outlet port. Purchased all of these items on Amazon along with the MTM foam Cannon as a bundle had to purchase the mosmatic swivel seperate.
    Great post thanks. I actually have a greenworks pressure washer and the connectors are standard but I still had to change a lot of stuff. Hose real was in a terrible spot so I relocated it, bought a 50 ft hose so I can actually keep it in my garage while I use it and some other things too.

Be careful going with the 3/8 hose those. Some one on the forum said up sizing the hose made the pressure washer run worse. I don't think it was the sun joe but still something to think about.

I bought a 50ft x 1/4 flexzilla and it's pretty awesome.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

For everyone who are Obsessed Garage followers, if you are looking for the Mosmatic Pressure Washer Gun with Built in Swivel and Mosmatic 20" bent Spray Wand you get get these parts at:
    https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-565...T-0BoCkOXw_wcB

they are 37% cheaper then purchasing them from Obsessed Garage.
    Wow I didn't realize kleen rite had all that stuff. I bought the mtm gun from Matt but I bought the 20" straight wand from kleen rite. It uses a recessed 1/8 meg nozzle which I really like. I like that the nozzle is protected and my paint is protected from the nozzle.SunJoe SPX3000 longer hose?-20170310_150508-jpg

SunJoe SPX3000 longer hose?-20170310_151953-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yg1829 View Post
    Great post thanks. I actually have a greenworks pressure washer and the connectors are standard but I still had to change a lot of stuff. Hose real was in a terrible spot so I relocated it, bought a 50 ft hose so I can actually keep it in my garage while I use it and some other things too.

Be careful going with the 3/8 hose those. Some one on the forum said up sizing the hose made the pressure washer run worse. I don't think it was the sun joe but still something to think about.

I bought a 50ft x 1/4 flexzilla and it's pretty awesome.

Thank you,
    1) Great to know that Green Works uses standard fittings.
    2) regarding the Hose Reel, that's why I didn't go with the SPX3001 as the SunJoe Reel looks like junk and I know it won't handle 50'
    3)Regarding the 3/8 hose, I guess I will find out when ever my parts arrive from eBay. It will suck if it doesn't work but atleast I will know a good 1/4" hose to try.
    4) from what I have seen so far with the unit the noozle really created the pressure along with the office size.

time will tell tell soon

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you,
    1) Great to know that Green Works uses standard fittings.
    2) regarding the Hose Reel, that's why I didn't go with the SPX3001 as the SunJoe Reel looks like junk and I know it won't handle 50'
    3)Regarding the 3/8 hose, I guess I will find out when ever my parts arrive from eBay. It will suck if it doesn't work but atleast I will know a good 1/4" hose to try.
    4) from what I have seen so far with the unit the noozle really created the pressure along with the office size.

time will tell tell soon
    I wish you the best with your hose. It should be fine. Like you said orifice size means a lot. I made sure I researched that very well with my greenworks machine. I wanted to be as close to factory spec as possible and definitely feel I achieved that.

Definitely keep us posted on your hose and progress. Posts some picks when you can.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yg1829 View Post
    I wish you the best with your hose. It should be fine. Like you said orifice size means a lot. I made sure I researched that very well with my greenworks machine. I wanted to be as close to factory spec as possible and definitely feel I achieved that.

Definitely keep us posted on your hose and progress. Posts some picks when you can.

Will Do, Here is one Pic of the MTM HYDRO M407 gun with Mosmatic 3/8" swivel to 3/8" Quick connect Plug on the inlet and 1/4" quick connect coupling on the outlet.

SunJoe SPX3000 longer hose?-img_3286-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Sun Joe SPX3000 available from Lowes for $139:
    SPX3000@Lowes

Needed a new pressure washer anyways - so pulled the trigger - looking forward to the list of parts to turn this thing into a foaming beast!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grovlet View Post
    Sun Joe SPX3000 available from Lowes for $139:
    SPX3000@Lowes

Needed a new pressure washer anyways - so pulled the trigger - looking forward to the list of parts to turn this thing into a foaming beast!!!
    Grovlet,
    Congrats on your new purchase.
    I used mine once so far and I am pretty happy.
    if you look at post #79 I posted I listed all the parts I used,

i purchased everything from Amazon, Northern Tool and EBay.

The first item you need to buy if you want to use a longer hose or make everything a quick connection is the M22 /15mm to 3/8 Female NPT which I have been only able to find on EBay

As soon as my EBay order arrives I will begin posting photos of everything.

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered the spx-25hd from Amazon

Post Thanks / Like

Well - mine finally arrived last week - Haven't even plugged it in yet - but have been busy ordering parts:
    Ordered:
    EBay:
    EBay - M22 (15MM) F to 3/8 F (Non-Standard Adaptor) - Qty: 2
    Amazon:
    Apache 1/4" - 50ft Hose
    MATCC Foam Gun - 1L

Waiting until Ebay adaptors show up to go to Home Depot/Lowes for connectors, or will add needed ones from NorthernTool when I order gun?

Thinking about this gun from NorthernTool vs the Mosmatic
    NorthStar Non-Fatigue 5000 psi Gun

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grovlet View Post
    Well - mine finally arrived last week - Haven't even plugged it in yet - but have been busy ordering parts:
    Ordered:
    EBay:
    EBay - M22 (15MM) F to 3/8 F (Non-Standard Adaptor) - Qty: 2
    Amazon:
    Apache 1/4" - 50ft Hose
    MATCC Foam Gun - 1L

Waiting until Ebay adaptors show up to go to Home Depot/Lowes for connectors, or will add needed ones from NorthernTool when I order gun?

Thinking about this gun from NorthernTool vs the Mosmatic
    NorthStar Non-Fatigue 5000 psi Gun

Congrats on your new purchase
    so far I am really liking my setup.

My eBay parts came in last week and I connected everything to test for leaks on Saturday and everything worked well.

the only thing I have left is to pick up the mosmatic 20" bent wand from Kleen Rite as I think this will be better for me instead of switching back and forth between the SunJoe gun and my MTM hydro short gun for rinsing the car.

hope to have time to upload more photos and maybe a video this weekend

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast