autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: TORQ10FX Random Orbital

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    The only info on the CG website product page is:

"The TORQ® 10FX combines the ideal throw size with the speed and power necessary to rapidly correct imperfections."

I bet CG wishes they had launched this before the new Meguiar's System came out today
    They stated on Facebook that it is 8mm. People keep asking how it compares to a PC on Facebook and their reply is that its the same throw with a much stronger motor.
    Jeremy Lockhart | Newport Beach, CA | Orange County Web Development | CrossFit Words

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Digital... Just another thing to go wrong. Last time I checked computer chips didn't like vibration and heat.

Same throw as a Porter Cable for a much higher price with claims of a stronger motor. Doesn't sell it for me. NEXT!

Super Member Caleb@ImpeccableImage's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Overhyped is what can be expected. Anybody notice it uses the same digital display/control as the rotary at Harbor Freight made by Chicago Electric? What kind of ####### D.A. is this lol!?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsford View Post
    Digital... Just another thing to go wrong. Last time I checked computer chips didn't like vibration and heat.

Same throw as a Porter Cable for a much higher price with claims of a stronger motor. Doesn't sell it for me. NEXT!
    you make a good point, over time what if the digital buttons go bad, get worn or break over repeated pressings (some are heavy handed) unlike a traditional speed dial that you just turn, then you're essentially left with a machine that's no good...

Post Thanks / Like

TORQ10FX Random Orbital

Do you guys even look at the speed the machine is set at? I primarily look at pad rotation and how the motor sounds. Saying the machine has to run at speed X never made sense to me. Too many variables - all that matters is how the pad is spinning on the paint..it doesn't matter what the speed dial says.

PS... There is a lot of CGs bashing here - But to be fair, it doesn't look much different than the new Megs machine. And - neither seems any better than a GG6. Maybe they are smoother?

Post Thanks / Like

CG's site has a video review. The machine sounded a bit harsh when it was running, but hard to tell via video. The Meg's description and pics of their new MT300 polisher emphasize how smooth and quiet the MT300 is. Would like to compare them head to head. Wish I was at SEMA...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Do you guys even look at the speed the machine is set at? I primarily look at pad rotation and how the motor sounds. Saying the machine has to run at speed X never made sense to me. Too many variables - all that matters is how the pad is spinning on the paint..it doesn't matter what the speed dial says.

PS... There is a lot of CGs bashing here - But to be fair, it doesn't look much different than the new Megs machine. And - neither seems any better than a GG6. Maybe they are smoother?
    There are other videos of it not posted here, but Greg turned it on with one hand and it seemed pretty smooth. It's not a bad price point, but if it's no more effective than a GG then there's not really a reason to get this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of the the torq tool company. Really was hoping flex was going to do this.

Post Thanks / Like

"Utilizing the 8mm throw that professionals and enthusiasts have used for decades TORQ®"
    Too many 8mm throw machines out there already. How boring.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    Too many 8mm throw machines out there already. How boring.
    Have we really become that jaded? Two machines introduced today with a "standard" 8mm throw, but with a different form factor than the typical DA...and we just dismiss them because they aren't forced rotation or long throw?

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast