autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Metro MasterBlaster 8hp vs Leaf Blower

did you guys have to upgrade your garage outlet to use this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    When blowing leaves you need a higher volume of air (CFM) because the leaves move with the air but air speed is not as important. For example, Stihl's most powerful backpack blower (BR600 Magnum) is rated at 712 CFM but only 201 MPH.
    I'm sorry but I disagree with you on this comment. I do Water Damage Restoration for living. We extract water from flooded homes and dry out the following with air movers: carpet, pad, wood floors, drywall and structure. Most of the air movers we use are around 3000 cfm. Air movement is very important. Most leaf blowers are between 300-700 cfm which pretty weak and not that much air. Additionally, most leaf blowers are between 130-200 mph and is a big part of moving leafs.

I agree with you on second paragraph.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toycar18 View Post
    Most leaf blowers are between 300-700 cfm which pretty weak
    Since the MasterBlaster is rated at 130-229 CFM...Does that make it pretty weak, also?

I have used this before:

I attached a 12ft x 1.5" flexible vacuum cleaner hose, with a crevice tool on the business end, to my leaf blower.
    Will this "restricted air-flow" going through the "now smaller diameter hose than the original 4" leaf blower's snout", plus the further restriction caused by the crevice tool attachment, be equivalent to the MasterBlaster's "restricted air-flow" with the same hose diameter and the hose attachments?

Just wondering...

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    Since the MasterBlaster is rated at 130-229 CFM...Does that make it pretty weak, also?
    High Five said the CFM is more important than MPH which I disagree with for moving leafs.

Has nothing to do with Masterblaster.

Post Thanks / Like

130-220 CFM is very good considering it is a small 1.5" hose that tapered down for a reason.

The reason it is tapered is to increase velocity and reduce cfm. The design is to hold up close and have velocityto move water out of the way. In this case CFM isn't as important as velocity. You could increase CFM by removing the tapered attachment. But at the same time it would decrease velocity/mph making the tool less effective.

If you read the following Metro MasterBlaster You will find out they mention feet per minute because that is what the machine is made for. Not CFM. Feet per minute can be calculated in mph and is also called velocity.
    Last edited by toycar18; 11-27-2011 at 10:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: Metro MasterBlaster 8hp vs Leaf Blower

I bought a Circuiteer II. It's advertised as a cattle blower / dryer but I think its comparable to the metro. It's a great tool. A little pricey but I use it every time I wash a car. I think It's a lot easier to use the hose instead of hoisting a leaf blower all over . I'm glad I
    spent the money for one.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how cfm is on my 20 gal air compressor at 180 psi but it works to blow out the crevices but not so hot to move the air like what this dryer does ... Now as far as speeding things up .. Well maybe on your personal DD that gets pampered maybe but on DD that never get cared for and there is no beading or protection you can kiss this tool goodbye.
    Long of the short is these are good when your finish is protected and cared for and for the folks that get their car detailed once a year or more NO DICE

Post Thanks / Like

if you lower the cfm on the machine to lets say an air compressor. Which is super high velocity and very low cfm it wouldn't perform the same as masterblaster and wouldn't have heat. It still may be effective for the fact that it has a ton of velocity but increasing the cfm may help for car drying on a compressor.

I'd say the Cfm and Velocity are perfect on the Master Blaster. Plus the air is filtered.

Gas leaf blowers put out a ton of stinky exhaust that may make an interior smell bad.

WITH ANY TOOL THAT MOVES AIR - Ultimately you are trying to find the perfect balance between velocity and CFM to make the tool most effective for its specialty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toycar18 View Post
    High Five said the CFM is more important than MPH which I disagree with for moving leafs.

Has nothing to do with Masterblaster.

Think about a very windy day in the fall maybe 35 MPH winds. That's a relatively low speed but a lot of air moving. Watch the leaves blow.

Post Thanks / Like

does anyone have both the MB and the vac n blo?
    how do they compare if just 1 motor is on for the mb?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast