autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Apron

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Apron

Received the cross back denim shop apron in the mail today. Overall, I am real pleased. The cross shoulder design is nice and the pockets work fine for 8oz. bottles of product. I will have to attach a bit of velcro for the chord holder and also wash the apron a few times to soften it up a bit.

Would have preferred a microfiber apron but in a color not baby blue. Hopefully a manufacture will build something like this at some point.

Thank you all for your posts!

Post Thanks / Like

I have only used aprons a couple times and I think I stayed away from them cause I felt like a fool in one.

That was when I was operating part time. Now I can definitely see the need for one when polishing especially. I want one like a waitress/waiter has which is just around the waist for regular detailing. But when it comes to polishing I want a full apron.

Now that being said I'm going to contact my buddy who has my shirts made...might have to get one with my business on it.

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny you mentioned that because I thought I might have been the only one who felt that way. I detail my car as a hobby, and since I'm outside when I do it, I felt weird wearing an apron, I felt like everyone on my block was looking at and laughing at me. I guess if I had a garage big enough to work in it would be no problem, or if I was detailing for a living or if I was detailing someone else's car I would have to wear an apron. I guess I'm going to have to stop being self-conscious because if it comes down to it I'd rather be laughed at than risk marring my paint, you know what I mean? In my neighborhood there's always an a__hole who will say something smart like "when are you going to fix dinner for me sweetheart", or some-such and I'll have to clean his clock, so up until now I avoided it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123