autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green Machine

Post Thanks / Like

Green Machine

HAs anyone heard of or used Bissels Little Green Machine carpet cleaner? I'm thinking about buying it, its cheap compared to othe carpet extractor and I've heard it works pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Excessive Detail
    HAs anyone heard of or used Bissels Little Green Machine carpet cleaner? I'm thinking about buying it, its cheap compared to othe carpet extractor and I've heard it works pretty good.
    I would look at getting a good shopvac a quality APC and some good brushes. The reason I say this , is because this was a topic sometime ago on another forum and the members felt it was more for home use then automotive. Oxy clean with warm water and a scrub brush has worked on the dirtiest of carpets/floor matts followed with a 6.0 shop vac to remove excess water..

Post Thanks / Like
    Time for a differing opinion. I have the Bissel Little Green with heat. It's a great tool to have and does a fine job at removing stains. I tried my 5HP Ridgid shop-vac as an extractor, but it didn't seem to suck up as much solution from the mats/carpet as the LGCM. I've done my car's mats several times and used it on a few other vehicles with excellent results. If you are looking into the Bissel, make sure to get the unit with the built-in heater. Of course, the shop-vac route should work well as joe p. mentioned.

Post Thanks / Like
    What chemicals did you use?

Post Thanks / Like
    I also have the heated LGCM. It does a decent job if you're just looking to do your own car. I definitely wouldn't recommend it to someone looking to start a detailing business. My only complaint is that I wish the solution tank were larger. If I'm doing a large car sometimes I have to refill it. Even rugs that look clean yield black recovered solution though. So, I know it's doing something.

Personally, I like to load the LGCM up with Folex. I also usually spot treat the dirtiest areas of the rugs with a little extra Folex. The Bissel solution that came with the machine also works OK.

Post Thanks / Like
    Were can you Folex?

Post Thanks / Like
    Were can you Folex?
    You can buy Folex at many chain stores like Lowe's, Home Depot, Target, KMart, and Wal Mart. Not all locations of these stores carry Folex though. Some stores carry it in gallon sizes as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Surf on over to Amazon.com and check out the reviews of the BLGM, I think the consensus of opinion is that it's OK when it works. Seems to have a bad reputation for reliability.

I've been doing a little of my own research on a portable carpet cleaners and suggest you take a look at the Hoover F5411 Steamvac Jr. instead. Amazon have this one too and it's about $40.00 cheaper (with favourable consumer reviews).

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had the heated Little Green since last summer. It works fairly well and has been reliable. I wish it had a bit more suction, tho.

I too, have the Ridgid 5 HP 4 gallon vac and I've been trying to 'mod' the auto tool so it has a very narrow opening, like the LG. I think with a small slit type opening the Ridgid would do much better.

Post Thanks / Like
    I see an opportunity here for a vendor such as Autogeek to track down a similar but more reliable and more effective machine( granted if it does exist at this point in time) at roughly the same price point.

The LG has been on my mind lately and I remain on the fence particularly due to reliability reports.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast