autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Hose Nozzle Fetish

Deep down I must have a hose nozzle fetish, as I cannot stop looking at them and searching for the perfect one. I currently long for a Firemans nozzle that works properly and lasts more than a couple months. I have always wanted the Griots Version (pricing is ridiculous), I have had and relinquished the Bonaire Version, and find that the 5.00 Walmart special seems to work as well (although built like crud) in spray patterns (which isnt a compliment as they all seem to have 1 or 2 spray patterns that dont work properly or dribble) . Now I found this :

Has anyone tried this unit ?? Any advice ?? Do ALL the spray patterns work well and distinquished from the past pattern ??

I am also still searching for a rubber hose nozzle (believed to be called a water restriction nozzle) that will not hurt if you bump the finish and has to be pushed slightly to have water released. (seems like it might be good for final washing and sheeting water). This unit in about 3 inches in length and other than the brass end (where it attaches to hose), is all rubber and straight in length. Any help is appreciated also .

Post Thanks / Like
    I found the other one due to a backsearch on another forum, seems its made by Lonn. Anyone try this one yet ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    Deep down I must have a hose nozzle fetish, as I cannot stop looking at them and searching for the perfect one.
    Scott any chance you wanted to be a firefighter growing up?? I bet there is one or two Halloween pictures floating around with you in a Fireman's outfit!

Post Thanks / Like
    I find there are lots out there that are plastic and so not seem to last expecially when dropped. I go through a couple a year from Wal Mart and Home Depot but I keep coming back to a old gun I have that seem to work best. Good luck. The one from Lonn looks like it would be very easy to make from a piece of hose?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghan
    Scott any chance you wanted to be a firefighter growing up?? I bet there is one or two Halloween pictures floating around with you in a Fireman's outfit!
    actually always wanted to be a cop .... explains my healthy collection of firearms.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Lonn is a must have to "sheet" the water.

Love mine!
    JU

Post Thanks / Like
    Deep down I must have a hose nozzle fetish, as I cannot stop looking at them and searching for the perfect one. ... I have had and relinquished the Bonaire Version, ...
    Curious to know what about the Bonaire version left you wanting? I have one (not the stainless version) and love its rugged design. I'm bad about dropping my hose (intentionally) when in a hurry and never worry if the unit is going to not work when I pick it up again. Still interested in hearing your complaint(s).

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the stainless steel bonaire and it dosen't produce much water flow at all.It may be due to the amount of water pressure supplied but my brass nozzle will shoot water over 50 ft .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean
    Curious to know what about the Bonaire version left you wanting? I have one (not the stainless version) and love its rugged design. I'm bad about dropping my hose (intentionally) when in a hurry and never worry if the unit is going to not work when I pick it up again. Still interested in hearing your complaint(s).
    Mine (Bonaire) is believed to be the heavier version and is a real bugger in weight. You are correct in that you can drop it a dozen times with not a scratch. That said a couple of my patterns (different settings) did not work all that well and about 6 months into ownership the center allen bolt somehow came out. I still have it and its on one of my other hoses (my home has 4 spigots) but I am always looking for something new anyways. In truth, I got the same exact results from a Walmart version for 5.00 on clearance (well it needed a little teflon tape on the threads). So for now ... I am on a hunt for a new nozzle. I am getting the Lonn and awaiting any word on the one in the first post before purchasing at 29.99.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine (Bonaire) is believed to be the heavier version and is a real bugger in weight. You are correct in that you can drop it a dozen times with not a scratch. That said a couple of my patterns (different settings) did not work all that well and about 6 months into ownership the center allen bolt somehow came out. I still have it and its on one of my other hoses (my home has 4 spigots) but I am always looking for something new anyways. In truth, I got the same exact results from a Walmart version for 5.00 on clearance (well it needed a little teflon tape on the threads). So for now ... I am on a hunt for a new nozzle. I am getting the Lonn and awaiting any word on the one in the first post before purchasing at 29.99.
    Mine (Bonaire) is over a year old and it's been dropped many more than a dozen times , and like a Timex it takes a licking and keeps on ticking

FWIW, Re: the allen bolt...don't these things come with a lifetime warranty?

Keep us informed on your hunt. If you find a nozzle that is more ultimate than the "Ultimate Nozzle" I'll be interested.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast