autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe.p
    Correct me if i'm wrong but the better MFS are made in Korea,The cheaper ones from china.

Doesnt that depend on the manufacturer & not the country. Now india is making MF towels. Soon we will have South America making MF towels. With time manufactures improve technology & so does the qualuity of MF towels. Dont be surprised if Autozone/wal-mart/target stocks up on Qulaity towels in a year or two.

Matt
    Joe,

This is true most of the time...Chinese MFs have a "cheap" reputation.

However, check out the product description of our Super-Plush.

This towel’s birthplace is Korea but you could say its upbringing was in China. The result is the best of both worlds. The luxurious microfiber was woven by a Korean company who owns what we call a splitting machine. This machine is responsible for the absorbent split-weave that is found in Cobra towels. Because of the expense of this machine, its uncommon in Korea and nowhere to be found in China. However, the cost of labor in China is much lower because of the huge labor force. By having the fabric woven in Korea and the towels cut and sewn in China, we’ve managed to acquire these towels at a substantial savings without sacrificing quality. In fact, the Cobra Super-Plush Deluxe Towel is of same outstanding quality as all our Cobra towels.

Post Thanks / Like
    [Qoute=] Mattwe’ve managed to acquire these towels at a substantial savings without sacrificing quality. In fact, the Cobra Super-Plush Deluxe Towel is of same outstanding quality as all our Cobra towels. Qoute

The savingings are passed on to the company at much lower cost EXANPLE:075 or less for MFs and tne same mf resold in the USA from $3.00 to $6.00 to the customer .. im not sure this is savings is past down to the cuctumer as much as its meant to profir for the company..

I get 70/30 MFs from the dollarstore near the house 2 x $2.00 amn i'll put them up against costco MFS any time target or autozone any day of the week,if they can sell 2 x2 mfs that are 79/30 for 2.00t hen why are the competitors selling for'em $7.00 -$14.00 on line and add $8.00 to sheep the item. I would bet that they get a very good shipping right at best

joe.p

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Costco sells 20 microfiber towels for 8.00

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stingray
    Costco sells 20 microfiber towels for 8.00

I would not use those on the paint, but for everything else that is a great deal. They are just too thin to QD and lack enoght pile to make me fell "safe."

Post Thanks / Like

Microfiber Hype

HTML Code:
    GET YOUR HANDS ON THIS CHUBBY!The secret is out, you can let the world know, you have a CHUBBY.
    12 thick 16.5" x 16.5" inch chubby size  (blue) microfiber towels. 2.54 oz  in weight per towel, our thickest softest plushest. Best suited for drying wet surfaces or for use with Quick Detail & Waterless carwash products. Microscopic fibers in SUPRA towels allow them to absorb up to 10  times their weight in liquid/ 250,000 strands in every square inch of highly refined loop-woven microfiber.
    I just received the microfiber towels described above. Paid $20 for 12, on sale from Chemical Guys. I was really looking forward to a substantial upgrade from the bulk towels from Costco. After receiving the shipment today, I must admit to being disappointed. I expected a REAL noticible difference, but there was none. The banding was identical, they were tagless, but I would carefully remove the tag from the Costco towels. Those from Chemical guys were perhaps a bit thicker, or was I just imagining it, hoping to prevent my purchase from being a total dissapointment.

I did buy a set of 3 more expensive towels,
    HTML Code:
    ULTRA-PLUSH SUPER PREMIUM MICROBIFER MICRO-BANDED  8.75mm THICK SUPRA MICROFIBER TOWEL16" x16" (3 PACK)
    3 for 10 dollars on sale, and they lived up to my expectation. Thick and soft.

I'm afraid alot of advertising is just that, advertising. Hype. Thickest, Plush, softest, luxurious.....Costco towels, 20 for $9.99 is a true value. Use them double if you need it to be thicker, but I've learned my microfiber lesson.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got 3 of the cobra ultra plush towels yesterday and used them last night. I must they are a little costly BUT are sooooooooooo thick, plush and soft. My others are so thin these just give me more piece of mind and I really like them.

On another note I got the shmitt last night ..........WOW I love this thing. I really hated
    spending the money on this cuz they are expensive too. But I would buy another one in a heart beat.. I'll never use anything else now.......I'll have to do a review on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    AG sells MF's from both Korea and China. I personally have used the blue all purpose towel (China) and the indigo towel (Korea) The quality on both is excellent!!

Post Thanks / Like
    If your going to buy from a regular store, Vroom (Target) and Viking (Kmart) are great, Vroom doesn't have silk edging (never saw any marring anyway) but both are as good as the Cobras and Pakshak micros I have. Multiple washes and they are holding up fine. Though somehow I'm missing some Cobra micros, I have no friggen idea where they went LOL. Poorboys has an awsome package for micros as well.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Are some of you trying to equate thickness with quality??
    Ric
    HOGtailing is my business

Detailing at the Dog

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast