autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Mytee Extractor Hose

I got a Mytee Lite 2 8070 for free from a car lot they were throwing away because they got a new one. The problem i found with it is the hose thats comes on the upholstery tool is damaged and doesn't spray sometimes or it will have a jet stream instead of a spray. Does anyone know if you can buy just that little hose on the wand or how i could go about fixing it?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mytee Extractor Hose

Probably needs a good cleaning out. I use warmed distilled white vinegar and flush my hose out with that. You want to pump it out good and spend some time exercising out all the crap that may be jamming up the hose and the nozzle bit.

Post Thanks / Like

I can twist it certain directions and change the flow it seems to be kinked and its annoying i have tried zip ties and stuff but it still gets kinked

Post Thanks / Like

A hunch is not the hose but just the nozzle. Take that off, and give it a soak to remove the mineral buildup. Doesn't hurt to mechanically clean it as well ....post soak...

Button it back up. Test and confirm. If issue still persist, work your way upstream.
    Once you have it back working, depending on what chems you use during the process, ALWAYS as final step, just flush spray it with plain jane H20

Post Thanks / Like

good points chef. I use a safety pin to work the crap out of the nozzle port. I also take the hose and try to decoil it and leave it as flat as it can get in the sun. It's easy down here in Tampa and I don't know where you're located so maybe inside if you can if you're in a cold climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I have it soaking now and will clean it after soaking then soak again and hopefully it will fix my problem

Post Thanks / Like

I had the exact issue with my Mytee and sometimes cleaning would help but it kept getting worse. You can order the small brass nozzle from Mytee for just a few bucks. I ordered 3 and it was still cheaper than the freight to get from California to Kentucky. It has been working fine ever since.

Post Thanks / Like

I had to order the long solution hose after less than 10 hours of operation. I even tried vinegar. If you have hard water, use vinegar, or some dedicated solution, after every use.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Post Thanks / Like

I want to add that the solution hose, which is the small diameter, long black hose, has an internal diameter that I had a hard time just barely fitting a stripped garbage bag wire into. Keep that thing clean. After every use, don't mess around and let it sit with no treatment.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09