autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 3" polisher

Post Thanks / Like

3" polisher

Looking to add a smaller polisher 3" to my shop. What are you all using? I like the features of the Rupes ibrid Nano, just a little steep in price. All input is appreciated!

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3" polisher

Hey Jeremy, I have a Flex PE8 and a Rupes Mini for all my crevices....well, not MY crevices, but whatever I'm working on. The Nano isn't even on my radar at this time.

EDIT: I had, past tense, a Griot's 3" buffer. I wasn't even remotely a fan of it. Sold it on Ebay and got the Rupes Mini. BIG difference. That said, I do have a 2nd and 3rd generation GG6 which are great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post
    Hey Jeremy, I have a Flex PE8 and a Rupes Mini for all my crevices....well, not MY crevices, but whatever I'm working on. The Nano isn't even on my radar at this time
    If you could only pick one, which one would you choose? In your opinion what is the better machine for smaller intricate work?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The Flex is really awesome and can get into some tight spots with the extension (shown). Also, the Flex is less expensive. Great tool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3" polisher-20161020_083921-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

I have the flex pe-8 and it is a great tool. Having the option of going from 1"-3" makes it just that much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I use my rotary with 2" pads and if it ever dies i WILL replace it with the Flex PE-8! Without question. I use the extensions as pictured by WaxMaster and sometimes 2 extensions to reach in behind side view mirrors, front nose recesses, rear plate recesses etc. I cannot speak to the iBrid Nano having never tried one but the versatility of my very small diameter rotary has proven itself. I also use it for isolated defect removal on larger body panels to work out more serious RIDS.

I will admit to being a forced rotation junkie! I generally don't like working smaller pads as much as larger panel overal correction so i like being done quickly with the "cutting in" stuff. Depending on how you want to use 3" or maybe smaller pads in your shop, the PE-8 will give you fast results.

Post Thanks / Like

I first picked up the GG3 for the smaller stuff and while it does perform great, I wanted something with more power. I recently acquired the pneumatic 3M 3" machine with 15mm orbit. I think its safe to say no other 3"DA machine compares to this guy although the down side is you need air to run this tool.

If you need to get smaller than that the FLEX plates for rotary use would by ideal if you don't want to drop big money on the iBird.