autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

New 2015 Mercedes S63

I have a black Mercedes AMG S63 on order that is coming in a few months. I've been detailing cars for over ten years but have not been in the loop the last 4 years or so. I believe the car comes shipped with plastic on the paint. Due to this I'm thinking I would not need to clay the car? I was thinking to polish it with Wolfgang products using a Rupes. Then use Wolfgang perfekt finish to clean any residue. Now what would be the next best option. I have Wolfgang Uber Ceramic, Pinnacle Black Label Synergy, or can buy another product. The car will be a daily driver with good weather most of the year however there will be a few days of snow. I want to maintain a show car finish. I also will put 3M plastic on the parts that can get damaged by road pebbles. What would you guys recommend for the protectant or any other steps in the process for this car?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New 2015 Mercedes S63

I would first make sure to tell the dealership to leave the plastic on until you inspect it. DO NOT LET THEM PREP IT FOR YOU. After you take the plastic off you will need to remove any left over glue. Then polish as you desire (I think Menzerna makes a product for Mercedes) and I would personally use a ceramic coating. Get that long lasting, more permanent coating on and then wax as you normally would. Everyone is going to have an opinion based on their love for detailing, this is mine.

Congrats on the car, also. They are beautiful cars!

Post Thanks / Like

Mercedes Benz has awesome paint,the whole car doesn't come in plastic like the Audi .The uber ceramic coating will be a perfect fit.I would get poly clay in fine then use a aio such as blackfire,then use eraser to strip oils before coating,when using eraser be sure to let it gas out for 30 minutes.this would be a strong and effective system,don't create a confusing method.I would look and feel the car before purchasing you may need to step it up as far as light correction.you may see glue lines from the plastic film if you encounter that use goo gone on a nice plush microfiber and rub gently and don't forget to remove the tags on the microfibers otherwise it will marr paint good luck nice ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Mercedes Benz has awesome paint,the whole car doesn't come in plastic like the Audi .The uber ceramic coating will be a perfect fit.I would get poly clay in fine then use a aio such as blackfire,then use eraser to strip oils before coating,when using eraser be sure to let it gas out for 30 minutes.this would be a strong and effective system,don't create a confusing method.I would look and feel the car before purchasing you may need to step it up as far as light correction.you may see glue lines from the plastic film if you encounter that use goo gone on a nice plush microfiber and rub gently and don't forget to remove the tags on the microfibers otherwise it will marr paint good luck nice ride.
    Here's a question, can I put synergy on top of uber ceramic after its cured or would it not stick well? Also is there a way to replenish uber ceramic kind of like qcuartz has that spray?

Post Thanks / Like

One more thought... Should I apply uber ceramic to parts that will have the 3M paint protection film?

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tried uber coating yet,although I currently use cq and reload spray silica sealant to maintain.may want to call ag and ask them.as far as using coating on panels before film I would say no for super adhesion refrain from coating those areas.call ag for a maintenance for the coating.

Post Thanks / Like

You can more likely apply synergy to coating let it cure and harden for at least a,week and apply coating to wheels with those big break pads to keep them cleaner longer and easier to clean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boejoula View Post
    I would first make sure to tell the dealership to leave the plastic on until you inspect it. DO NOT LET THEM PREP IT FOR YOU. After you take the plastic off you will need to remove any left over glue. Then polish as you desire (I think Menzerna makes a product for Mercedes) and I would personally use a ceramic coating. Get that long lasting, more permanent coating on and then wax as you normally would. Everyone is going to have an opinion based on their love for detailing, this is mine.

Congrats on the car, also. They are beautiful cars!
    I agree with this. I recently put Uber Ceramic on my car and its the best I've used this far. I've used Synergy but it's unfair to compare a coating to a wax. Protection from the two aremt equal.

Quote Originally Posted by dan45hk View Post
    Here's a question, can I put synergy on top of uber ceramic after its cured or would it not stick well? Also is there a way to replenish uber ceramic kind of like qcuartz has that spray?
    I recently had this same "debate" with myself. There really is no need or benefit to topping Uber Ceramic with Synergy or any other wax. The coating has the slick and shine of a wax and the much better protection than a wax can offer.

Personally, I'd just coat the entire car with Uber Ceramic and forget the 3M.