autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New wheels need coating!

I'm not sure I understand the frequent DLUX recommendations. One would think CQUK, EXOv2 or OGC would all outlast a sealant known to give up within a few months on trim.
    Francesco

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the frequent DLUX recommendations. One would think CQUK, EXOv2 or OGC would all outlast a sealant known to give up within a few months on trim.
    . I was thinking the same thing. That is why I didn't consider DLUX.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    That's exactly what I did when I got my Wheels, The 4 came out of their boxes, were then inspected (simply were breathtaking!) were first wiped in and out with 70% IPA, then wiped with Carpro Eraser, then with a small piece of CP MF Suede Applicator applied CQuartz UK to everything, the Barrels, Faces, and Lug Holes.

I even CQuartz'd the 24 Chrome GM Lugs-Locks.

Hour or so later, applied Reload v2013. On chrome of course, being like a mirror and can show any little smudge, they were perfect!

A week later, the Tires, Nitto 421Q 285/45-22 came in, and brought all 4 wheels in their boxes to the local DiscountTire. I did NOT bring the truck. There they were all mounted, and RoadForce Balanced.

After cleaning the Tires to get all tape residues and dirts off, I applied a few coats of Carpro PERL. Next day I mounted all 4 by hand, Snap On Torque Wrench to 140 ft lbs.

That was last July. Since then I have only re-applied Reload twice. They clean up lickety split.

Only thing I changed a bit later, was I found Carpro PERL not lasting as long as I had hoped. I again scrubbed down the Tires, and applied Turtlewax Endura Tire Coating. It lasts a lot longer than any Tire Dressing I've found.

Hope these experiences help
    I have Silverado SS 20" wheels I want to coat. How much CQUK did you use on your 22's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slicksierra View Post
    I have Silverado SS 20" wheels I want to coat. How much CQUK did you use on your 22's
    About a little more than a 1/3rd of a 50ml Bottle of UK! Yeah, I know, a lot, but I am liberal when I apply stuff like this.

But, with the remainder of that 50ml bottle, I was able to also coat my entire 1997 4-dr Tahoe SUV. And again, fairly liberal with the application, good overlapping, to insure nothing was missed. I'm talking everything, the roof, roof rack, sides, hood, back tailgate, and even some plastic trim pieces, grill, headlights, marker lights, and tail lights.

I bought that bottle on sale at Carpro, I think it was $54. IMO, was money wisely spent!

Post Thanks / Like

So with my smaller wheel size and not doing lugs or barrels (unless I can get them completely stripped) I should be able to do it with 10ml I hope. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I am a fan of G-technics Wheel Armor. I had it on my Iforged Wheels for more than a year without a issue or booster. It still beaded like crazy.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not seeing any of that on the website for sale?

Post Thanks / Like

Attachment 32793
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeC78 View Post
    I'm not seeing any of that on the website for sale?
    What, the CQuartz products on Carpro USA? Well no, they don't always have such on sale, but if you keep your eyes peeled there, in time I'm sure it will happen again.

They often offer sales on many other goods, MF Madness Towels, and other lines they also carry.

That particular first bottle of CQ UK I ever bought, and coated the Tahoe and the Wheels with, I'm guessing I bought from them back around april-may 2014.

Got another nice unopened 50ml bottle of UK in the box sitting here. Soon, I think I'll go crazy with it, coat my 2 road racing bikes (one a flawless 50th Anniversary Schwinn Parammount with 24ct Gold Fork) and maybe might hit one of my Refractor Telescopes. One is painted in GM Corvette White, and there's only 23 of them in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm talking about the wheel armor. Scott from autogeek posted it right above mine, but not finding it on autogeek itself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    I was all set to order some DLUX until I read this. Is this actually a sealant? They call it a coating and looks like it is applied like one.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeC78 View Post
    I'm talking about the wheel armor. Scott from autogeek posted it right above mine, but not finding it on autogeek itself.
    It's there Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armor, gtech wheel coatings, unfortunately out of stock.

killrwheels@autogeek, Any idea when it will be in stock?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast