autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Trigger sprayer that lasts with APC

I have had 2 grey tolco trigger sprayers fail on me. One with Meguiars green APC at 4:1 and the other at 10:1.
    currently using the “acid” gold trigger sprayer to see if that will last.

Any body have experience with trigger sprayers and ones that would actually stand up to APC?

or should I invest in the IK sprayers which advertises ph scale of 0-10.

Mike Phillips

Re: Trigger sprayer that lasts with APC

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddetailer View Post
    I have had 2 grey tolco trigger sprayers fail on me. One with Meguiars green APC at 4:1 and the other at 10:1.
    currently using the “acid” gold trigger sprayer to see if that will last.

Any body have experience with trigger sprayers and ones that would actually stand up to APC?

or should I invest in the IK sprayers which advertises ph scale of 0-10.

I think the only substantial work-around is to form the habit of flushing you inside of your sprayers with clean water after use. This can be as simple as removing the sprayer, dunking the siphon tube into some clean water, for example a bucket of rinse/clean water or run some water in a sink and hold the end of the siphon tube in the water, then spray water for about 20 spray strokes to ensure everything has been flushed out. Then you can re-attach the spray head to the source bottle.

Probably not the answer everyone wants but that's probably the real-world solution.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Opus plain sprayers like what come with the Griots 22oz stuff. BUT I have never had a problem with any regular sprayers I have used with the Meguiars green APC. Weird.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I think the only substantial work-around is to form the habit of flushing you inside of your sprayers with clean water after use. ...

Probably not the answer everyone wants but that's probably the real-world solution.

That's what I've been doing lately. Takes up time, but the sprayers seem to be lasting this way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I think the only substantial work-around is to form the habit of flushing you inside of your sprayers with clean water after use. This can be as simple as removing the sprayer, dunking the siphon tube into some clean water, for example a bucket of rinse/clean water or run some water in a sink and hold the end of the siphon tube in the water, then spray water for about 20 spray strokes to ensure everything has been flushed out. Then you can re-attach the spray head to the source bottle.

I have to agree. The lazy solution that works most times is to turn the bottle upside down and spray it dry.
    Jim

6. Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just make sure they are "chemical resistant". I use to sell em wholesale. As cheap as they are the Tolco grey ones have a high failure rate. I sold them for about .65 a piece.

Spraymaster is the best combo I have ever bought, I still have on from well over 10 years ago.

It still works fine, worth every penny.

SprayMaster Heavy Duty Spray Bottle, Heavy duty sprayer, Spray master, Spray master Sprayer
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quality doesn't cost, it pays and once you invest in the IK sprayers, you'll see what I/we mean, best of the best here!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

9. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Kwazar!

Wonders if the acid one will be lasting any longer since it's for acid based chemicals and not high alkaline products. The Kwazar double spray bottles on AGO is the general ones. But have not had any problems with alkaline based products. They have a special sprayer head for high alkaline products that is dark blue. But it needs to be the named one on the bottles. The pump sprayer bottles on AGO is the black ones for solvent products and the red ones for acid products. The foam sprayer is of the generic ones.

I would have trouble to hold the spray bottle upside down and empty it. Since the Kwazar bottles I have you can hold at and angle and spray lol.

What about Meguiars own sprayer. They would hold I think. Have one that has broken down on me. But in that I used an acid wheel cleaner and a lower ph level than the wheel brightener. So that I was prepared of to happen. Is it common that the sprayer head breaks with Megs APC?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Just make sure they are "chemical resistant". I use to sell em wholesale. As cheap as they are the Tolco grey ones have a high failure rate. I sold them for about .65 a piece.

Spraymaster is the best combo I have ever bought, I still have on from well over 10 years ago.

It still works fine, worth every penny.

SprayMaster Heavy Duty Spray Bottle, Heavy duty sprayer, Spray master, Spray master Sprayer

What did you spray it with? Did you clean up the sprayer after every use to make it last that long?

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I’ve been lucky with APC sprayers, never had a failure at 4:1 even. No problem with my Megs and Britemax degreasers either. Knock on wood. Now the Chemical Guys spray heads they just break in water or due to age.

I understand the acid cleaners breaking down the metal springs in the sprayers, but is the APC diluted that strong?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast