autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Just saw my first 2015 Mustang....OH NO!

StIll dripping wet.....from the local SCRATCH-O-MATIC

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just saw my first 2015 Mustang....OH NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomadsto View Post
    StIll dripping wet.....from the local SCRATCH-O-MATIC
    LMAO!! Saw one today too!! Looks awesome!! It was a white one. I am not a fan of any white colored car....in this case I MIGHT make an exception...
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

I think we need to call the law on that owner......but really it's a shame how people don't care maybe you should have gave them a tutoring session

Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one who thinks it's downright stupid to offer a turbo model for almost $2000 more than the v6 with 5 less hp. I predict 1 year for the turbo. Now that ecoboost turbo in a Fusion with a stick......

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks it's downright stupid to offer a turbo model for almost $2000 more than the v6 with 5 less hp. I predict 1 year for the turbo. Now that ecoboost turbo in a Fusion with a stick......
    Preaching to the choir here for SURE!

The real problem is much deeper however than just offering a "turbo" here and there. In an effort to maintain CAFE standards manufacturers are offering smaller and smaller power plants, AND.... in an effort to try and keep the (American) motoring public buying said vehicles they are slapping a turbo on woefully anemic power plants.

Back when my daughter was in high school she was given an loaner while here GTP was in the shop. That loaner was a SAAB 9.3 that was rated at 255HP (or might have been the one with 280), really didn't matter though. Problem is/was that unless you kept it revved up to redline it darned near couldn't get out of it's own way! Her car was a 3.9L V6 rated at 240HP and it'd stomp the living crap outta' that SLOB... er SAAB.

She got out the owners manual and it had inside, ever so proudly.... "Welcome to European driving!"

She was like: "So in Europe you have cars you HAVE to drive wide open, buy gas by the Liter, and they STILL won't get out of their own way."

The underlying part that really gets me though is that you have smaller, under powered, over worked engines trying their very best to propel 3700 pound vehicles, huffing and puffing from the time you crank it up. Or in the case of pickups these days, lugging 4700 pound vehicles down the road knowing all the while that the power plant IS the weakest link in the grand scheme of things.

Imagine towing a 4000 pound travel trailer with the frontal area of an expressway billboard with a 3.7L turbo in your crew cab?

One of the oldest things known to man when it comes to engines and power (initially coined in drag racing); There is no substitute for cubic inches!

Yeah yeah... I know that a lighter, more powerful engine gives you better F/R weight distribution, but we're not talking about race cars here. Buyer in the last decade have been keeping vehicles longer than ever, that's well documented. Perhaps the auto manufacturers have caught on and decided they'll start selling vehicles where the engines wear out long before the rust prevention does. Which of course forces you to get rid of that hunk-o-junk just after the 36,000 powertrain warranty expires.

I'll take that 5.3L/5.7L 'Merican' V8 any day thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Amen to that!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    There is no substitute for cubic inches!
    My dad pretty much raised me at the drag strip and yep, the common phrase was, there is no replacement for displacement!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pld View Post
    Amen to that!
    Oh ya.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just saw my first 2015 Mustang....OH NO!-imagescau6n6ga-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    Preaching to the choir here for SURE!

The real problem is much deeper however than just offering a "turbo" here and there. In an effort to maintain CAFE standards manufacturers are offering smaller and smaller power plants, AND.... in an effort to try and keep the (American) motoring public buying said vehicles they are slapping a turbo on woefully anemic power plants.

Back when my daughter was in high school she was given an loaner while here GTP was in the shop. That loaner was a SAAB 9.3 that was rated at 255HP (or might have been the one with 280), really didn't matter though. Problem is/was that unless you kept it revved up to redline it darned near couldn't get out of it's own way! Her car was a 3.9L V6 rated at 240HP and it'd stomp the living crap outta' that SLOB... er SAAB.

She got out the owners manual and it had inside, ever so proudly.... "Welcome to European driving!"

She was like: "So in Europe you have cars you HAVE to drive wide open, buy gas by the Liter, and they STILL won't get out of their own way."

The underlying part that really gets me though is that you have smaller, under powered, over worked engines trying their very best to propel 3700 pound vehicles, huffing and puffing from the time you crank it up. Or in the case of pickups these days, lugging 4700 pound vehicles down the road knowing all the while that the power plant IS the weakest link in the grand scheme of things.

Imagine towing a 4000 pound travel trailer with the frontal area of an expressway billboard with a 3.7L turbo in your crew cab?

One of the oldest things known to man when it comes to engines and power (initially coined in drag racing); There is no substitute for cubic inches!

Yeah yeah... I know that a lighter, more powerful engine gives you better F/R weight distribution, but we're not talking about race cars here. Buyer in the last decade have been keeping vehicles longer than ever, that's well documented. Perhaps the auto manufacturers have caught on and decided they'll start selling vehicles where the engines wear out long before the rust prevention does. Which of course forces you to get rid of that hunk-o-junk just after the 36,000 powertrain warranty expires.

I'll take that 5.3L/5.7L 'Merican' V8 any day thank you.
    I AGREE 100%! THANK YOU FOR WRITING THIS!
    I will stop here so I don't get in trouble again!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll keep my 2012 5.0....but the aftermarket has these turbo 4 cylinders moving out!
    12.1@112 with tune, tires, and some weight reduction
    Livernois 2015 EcoBoost Mustang 1/4 Mile Update (12.1 @ 112 mph) | 2015+ Mustang (s550) Forum News Blog – Mustang6G | The Ultimate 6th Generation Mustang (S550) Enthusiast Site

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast