autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Acid wash

Post Thanks / Like

Question Acid wash

Question on using a acid wash, i purchased a decomtamination system it came with acid wash can you use this to strip off everthing off the clearcoat to take wax,tar,and other stuff off before washing or it has to be used as the system a,b,c?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I use 303 cleaner to strip off all the wax or road grime. 303 cleaner has a PH of 9 which is 100x more powerful than baking soda. But once its mixed with water it goes down [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/BYPASS/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-6.jpg[/IMG]

I assume you could use the acid wash by its self.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carguy
    Question on using a acid wash, i purchased a decomtamination system it came with acid wash can you use this to strip off everthing off the clearcoat to take wax,tar,and other stuff off before washing or it has to be used as the system a,b,c?
    Yes- Read the instructions or go to their web-site.

I'm sorry to fob you off with this kind of answer, but last time I tried to answer an 'acid wash' paint decontamination question the thread got locked out

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejoyofdriving
    Well I use 303 cleaner to strip off all the wax or road grime. 303 cleaner has a PH of 9 which is 100x more powerful than baking soda. But once its mixed with water it goes down [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/BYPASS/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-6.jpg[/IMG]

I assume you could use the acid wash by its self.
    I know you mean well by trying to provide answers, but some, like this one just confuse the issue, and provide little if any help to the person asking the question.

The system asked about is a three-part paint surface decontamination system utilizing a surface wash, an alkaline wash plus detailer's clay and a neutralising rinse

Post Thanks / Like
    wipe some gas on the paint and light it up just for a quick sec then put out flame and that will prepare the paint nicely for waxing
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like
    I would never use an acid unless needed. With the regimine of washing -- claying ---polishing --- protecting I just dont see the need for it.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    I would never use an acid unless needed. With the regimine of washing -- claying ---polishing --- protecting I just dont see the need for it.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    None of the methods cited will neutralize acid?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TOGWT
    None of the methods cited will neutralize acid?
    I know of this kit well from outside vendor FK. I just dont see the need for it. The acid is used to remove wax, oxidation and contamination. Well, the way I see it the washing, claying and polishing do the same thing.

Because this forum was designed to promote AG products only, I did not see the need to bash another competitors design. I am sure it will work well for heavily damaged car finishes, and areas of significant fall-out or chemical exposure, but I think the tried and true methods work as well also. Sorry I did not ellaborate further.

Scott