autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: floor mats

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

floor mats

i live in colorado since the winter months are just around the corner should i keep cleanning my floor mats or invest in weather tech floor mats

Post Thanks / Like

Re: floor mats

I have the WT FLOOR LINERS. Love them.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

The salt will kill your mats ...

weather tech are fine if you have the money...

I personally buy Cost Co heavy rubber mats for winter...maybe 20 bucks

mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I have WT as well. They offer great protection and look great in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Husky Liners.
    2011 Compass Latitude Bright Silver/ 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Glacier White
    REFLECTIVE IMAGE DETAILING

Post Thanks / Like

Colorado does not use salt, at least not in Denver area. But I get all weather mats for my cars. Don't like cloth mats

Post Thanks / Like

For actual mats I really like the Lloyd rubbertite I had in my civic. They are much better than the Introtech hexomats I have in my Lancer.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had weathertech digifit floor liners in every truck that I've ever owned and love them! I've never had to use an extractor on my carpeting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WAXOFF View Post
    I use Husky Liners.
    Cheaper than WT, but the same laser cut 100% coverage. Totally worth the investment!

Post Thanks / Like
    Below are some comments I made in another thread about Weather Tech Floorliners. I am not sure if the pictures copied or not. If not I apologize.

I apologize to the original poster for adding to the thread; however, I noticed that there were several questions about the way that the WeatherTech Floorliners are held in place. Further, I felt I could give some insight on the durability of this product. I purchased my 2006 GMC Sierra in December 2005 and ordered the WeatherTech Floorliners immediately after buying the truck. I keep the floorliners in the truck year round. Accordingly, aside from the few days of shipping time that it took for my floorliners to arrive, they have been in the truck since December 2005, or over eight years. During that time, I have driven the truck approximately 190,000 miles.

At least for the model that fits my truck, the floorliners are held in place by a hook and a small Velcro strip on the driver’s side and simply a small Velcro strip on the passenger’s side. More accurately, I would say the floorliners are primarily held in place by the weight of the liner and the fact that they are molded to fit and fill up nearly the entire floorboard. In fact, as you will see below, I no longer use the Velcro fasteners. The fasteners did not stick well to the floorliners and I did not replace them as they are unneeded, at least in my application.

As for the durability, they have held up excellent. The passenger’s side, which rarely gets any use, still looks new. The driver’s side has worn through the thin rubberized coating to the hard inner liner on several areas which get the most use, particularly under the accelerator. Again, this is after eight years and 190,000 miles of use. The wear through is limited to the coating and there are no signs of the hard inner lining wearing at all.

The passenger's side.

Notice in the corner the Velcro strip which is attached to the door post. This is the only thing that holds down the passenger's side floorliner. As you can see, the portion of Velcro that should be attached to the floorliner has become unattached. Nevertheless, as the floorliner does not move around without out it, I have not replaced the Velcro.

The driver's side, dirt and all. Notice the hook barely protruding through the floorliner on the bottom right side of the photo.

The driver's side with the floorliner removed. You can now see the hook attached to the carpet. The carpet, after 190,000 miles, still looks virtually new.

Closeup view of the hook.

Closeup view of the hook removed from the carpet.

A better view of the driver's side floorliner and the wear.

Closeup view of the worse wear.

Driver's side floorliner cleaned and ready to be returned to the truck.

Hopefully this gives everyone an idea of what to expect in terms of durability and answers some of the questions about how the liners are attached. For me, the WeatherTech Floorliners are worth every penny based on their durability, the ease to cleaning, and the manner in which they keep your carpet clean.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast