autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Modesta Glass Coatings

Keep us posted mcgovern

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailedTaco View Post
    Nice! Keep us posted! Should be interesting too see a review using it first hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSP View Post
    Keep us posted mcgovern
    Will do - I doubt I will get around to testing it until Spring/Summer.

I am hoping to do a side-by-side test with Opti-Coat (possibly both 2.0 and Pro), CQ UK, CQ Finest, and Modesta.

It will be interesting to see how the 'cheaper' consumer coatings hold up compared to the more expensive 'pro' coatings. Modesta is BY FAR the most expensive with prices ranging from $220/bottle to $293/bottle... and they market each bottle as 1 application (ie used for only 1 vehicle). For this reason alone, I doubt it is a product I will ever implement into my own business, but I am still looking forward to trying it out.

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    Will do - I doubt I will get around to testing it until Spring/Summer.

I am hoping to do a side-by-side test with Opti-Coat (possibly both 2.0 and Pro), CQ UK, CQ Finest, and Modesta.

It will be interesting to see how the 'cheaper' consumer coatings hold up compared to the more expensive 'pro' coatings. Modesta is BY FAR the most expensive with prices ranging from $220/bottle to $293/bottle... and they market each bottle as 1 application (ie used for only 1 vehicle). For this reason alone, I doubt it is a product I will ever implement into my own business, but I am still looking forward to trying it out.
    That's an awesome test.

P/S: My 4.5 years Civic actually has 50/50 OC Pro and OC2.0... They bead the same until today. I do not have a thickness gauge to take a reading. But OC2.0 as promised, it is easier to go on than the OC Pro.

Post Thanks / Like

I am still considering trying Modesta for my personal use, but more for testing compared to other established coatings I have used. (CQ, CQUK, OC Pro, Wolf HB)

Post Thanks / Like

John applied the Modesta as directed and used just over half a bottle on my midsize car. So you may get two cars out of one. The primer should last 3-4 cars. That may help cost wise, one could assume 3 Suvs out of 2 bbtls.

Post Thanks / Like

I am more than interested on Modesta. I have Megs M21 synthetic sealant and megs carnuaba wax on my truck but am looking to "step up my game." from looking around, I cant find exactly where one can buy it? will one "order" cover a full size truck?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spinny02 View Post
    John applied the Modesta as directed and used just over half a bottle on my midsize car. So you may get two cars out of one. The primer should last 3-4 cars. That may help cost wise, one could assume 3 Suvs out of 2 bbtls.
    3 SUV's for over $500 worth of product (including primer)... still too steep for me. I would have to charge my customers an arm and a leg for that service in order to justify the added product cost.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRam View Post
    I am more than interested on Modesta. I have Megs M21 synthetic sealant and megs carnuaba wax on my truck but am looking to "step up my game." from looking around, I cant find exactly where one can buy it? will one "order" cover a full size truck?
    search for 'Modesta USA' then click on the 'customer login zone' at the top right of hte page... or contact Brian Guy at AOwheels, he can point you in the right direction if you can't find it.

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spinny02 View Post
    I've had BC-05 sitting on the shelf for about 6 months now and just haven't had time to test it.

I was told that the contents are under pressure and it will go bad shortly after opening...so unless you can do two vehicles back to back that's not a viable option. I had to look for the email to find out how long you have but I just check the instruction sheet and it's not listed on there so who knows....
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

this tempered glass screen protector I bought mentions a hardness of 9H being equivalent with steel, if that helps anyone..

Nexus 5 Feather Glass Tempered Glass Screen Protector | MIME

Post Thanks / Like

McGovern point taken this coating is not one you would sell to everyone. There is a large market for this product in Houston due to the amount of high end cars with people willing to spend/ invest in a coating.

could be wrong but Opti coat pro for a full vehicle,lens, glass, rims is about $50-75 in product ( guessing). The modesta will run you 125-150 more is cost per car plus your added profit. That's not too bad. You will also need IR lights to cure the bc5 correctly ( I don't think you need the lights for bc3 ) so that is an added cost that you would have to factor in over the lights lifespan.

The real question is if it worth the extra money=) I am looking forward to your test to see if I pissed it away or made the right move. The added protection and less hassle may not be proportional to the added cost but if it leads the pack I will be happy regardless of cost. In my case I wanted the best. Some may want the most cost effective.

Keep us informed! Maybe we can prod you to do the test before the spring?

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    3 SUV's for over $500 worth of product (including primer)... still too steep for me. I would have to charge my customers an arm and a leg for that service in order to justify the added product cost.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast