autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Sealant that works with VMG and RMG?

In another thread i asked why my car is so easily getting water and bird etching marks even though i clean the car on a reg. basis, wax, regularly, and remove and bird poo the first chance i get...came to the conclusion that i need a sealant b4 wax...

a few weeks ago i bought the Clear Kote VMG and RMG b/c my car is fiji blue pearl and i want the paint to really sparkle, but i have been told that its hard to find a sealant that works with those two products...

...so i need some help from fellow AG's to find me a sealant to put on my next order...(which i am hoping is tomorrow b/c i have my birthday discount that is quickly running through its 7 days)...

Thanks...

Post Thanks / Like
    Poorboys EX-P is one that seems to not really have issues with sealants, I used it over RMG a couple times with no trouble.....try that with others and you'll have a smear fest on your hands. Maybe something to do with the resin makeup?
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    I use wolfgang on my dark blue 07 honda Fit and top it with sig ser II and it looks insane.The Wolfgang alone without the wax looks great too and its super easy to use.Wolfgang will not stain or wreck your black trim and thats a major plus in my world.

Post Thanks / Like
    both products sound great and i due own SSII...my biggest concern is the fact that i need to find a sealant that works with VMG and RMG...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used wolfgang with many diffrent wax brands(3-M,Meg,Pin,CG) all with A+ results

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting topic, becuase I too just purchased the VMG and the RMG...I was planning on using the Wolfgang. Looking forward to the feed back here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 02CAMSS
    I use wolfgang on my dark blue 07 honda Fit and top it with sig ser II and it looks insane.The Wolfgang alone without the wax looks great too and its super easy to use.Wolfgang will not stain or wreck your black trim and thats a major plus in my world.
    I think your talking about topping WG Sealant with a wax like Sig Series. He's looking for a sealant that will work over a glaze like RMG.

WG does work with its own glaze, but that glaze seems more like a fine polish, and doesn't make the paint take on that crazy wet look RMG does. But its still called a glaze and WG sealant works with it, so off the top of my head I think only Poorboys EX-P and WG are sealant friendly.
    Last edited by Surfer; 06-17-2007 at 08:41 PM.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Exp
    Detailed Reflections

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mixxer
    Exp
    Yeh I don't know what it is, but even over oily type finishes like RMG and others, EX-P bonds, has got to do with something in the Resin makeup? I used EX-P over RMG and it worked perfectly and seemed to last as long as normal (like EX-P over a prepped AIO surface). Gave a very nice look as RMG is wet and deep and EX-P is very reflective and glossy.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Just had a very interesting conversation with a guy from ClearKote...now obviously he isn't going to recommend any other products outside of ClearKote haha but i knew that...but it was a good conversation...

He told me that i could use the VMG and the RMG, then go over it with their yellow cream wax, and finish with their carnuba moose wax...he told me that the VMG has some protective properties...the yellow cream wax will give the car protection for 90 days (by itself)...and then if i cover with their carnuba moose wax, i would have about 6 months of protection...

he told me that most poeple see a depth of about 6 layers or something and with this combination, i would have 24 layers of depth...along with that, my metal flake would sparkle, and a very shiny wet look...

so does anyone else think this would be a good idea? i just want to make sure that i have great protection on my car, along with a fantastic look to it...it doesn't really bother me if i have to use both the yellow cream wax and the carnuba moose wax each month...i just want that protection that works with the products i already own...

so what do you guys think? does anyone have any other opinouns?
    Last edited by KJW Detailing; 06-18-2007 at 10:17 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast