autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

DP 4-1, 105, Liquid Souveran et all review

With the immense help from this board, I completed my first real detail this weekend...Here are the results: (sorry no pics yet--I know, I know)

DP 4-1

Can't tell you how great this product is. I had used DP wheel cleaner but the 4-1 works nearly as well on light brake dust. The dust just flows off and the wheels actually bead up after the rinse.

As a rinseless wash, 2 thumbs up! No scratches and no soapy residue.

As a QD, it works equally as well. Quick spritz and wipe with MF keeps the car shiny, slick and dust free. For the price, this is a must-have.

Polishing Pal

Nice item for those not ready to venture into the world of PC or UDM. Saves the hands, arms and shoulders although tis a tight fit underneath the side view mirrors. Easy to apply product too. Not sure if I'd use the more abrasive pads with it for polishing though...

DG 105

After big kudos by Al-53, I gave it a whirl. After using the Poly Ultra Clay (much easier than imagined), the 105 was slapped on with the Polishing Pal. Very slick and brightened up even a 3 month new silver paint. 2 coats on the hood, roof and trunk. Wow!

DP Wheel Glaze

Works pretty well. It'll leave the wheels clean but wondering if another sealant (105?) would work just as well...

Liquid Souveran

The price seemed--well, pricey. But the easy WOWO made it most worthwhile. All the reviews stating silver loves this product were true. Nice to see truth in advertising lives today. I had no less than 3 people stop me at the gas station commenting on the car (Audi A6 Quattro). Amazing what a little TLC will bring...I am intrigued with the DG AW though.

This forum

Again, thank you for all the expert advice. Even though my neighbors think I'm nuts constantly cleaning the windows and daily QDing its great to stand back and admire the work. My wife wants to know why my home office is such a mess. I told her I don't drive the office.

Cheers
    Never lie if your memory stinks...

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review on all of the products. Thanks for taking the time to do this. Also it may help you and others if you let us know where you are from. You can add your location to your profile if you want. You never know there may be another Geek who lives close to you that you can trade products or techniques with.
    We want pics.
    "Some things are better left unsaid."

Post Thanks / Like
    Will do on the profile. The pics? Um, uh...

Post Thanks / Like
    I cracked up when I saw your signature

Welcome to AG

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review. I enjoyed that and will use the same combo sometime.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review! I look forward to seeing your pictures.

I'll have to give the 4 in 1 a try as a brake cleaner. What ratio of water did you use? I have DP 4 in 1 and I love it as a rinse-less wash.

Good come back on the office! LOL!

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks much. Fun group here.

The 4-1 for brake dust (again fairly light dust) is the normal ratio used for the rinseless wash (1-2 oz per gallon). Or just spray from the QD bottle (2 oz per 32 oz water). Maybe its easy since I don't let it get too bad) and agitate with a wheel brush. Rinses right off. I'm also thinking the DP Wheel Glaze does help in diminishing the regular cleaning (maybe I'm justifying the cost?). I'll continue using on a monthly basis.

Love the ride but dang those German autos can brake dust ya to death!

Post Thanks / Like
    The wheel glaze should help. I've used it and it seems to help my wheels. I don't use it often enough because I find it very time consuming to apply and remove.

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddwarf
    The wheel glaze should help. I've used it and it seems to help my wheels. I don't use it often enough because I find it very time consuming to apply and remove.
    Been using DG/aw, wowo and nice shine. Use 4/1 weekly with a cheap Costco mf. Works for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I use the QD about once per week on my wheels for the dust. I spray on then wipe off the an old mf and they are as good as new. I also use the wheel glaze every month or so as well.