autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Car Duster Reccomendation

Can anyone reccomend a duster for between washings such as the California Duster? My car is dark metalic green and the pollen season is still with us here in the North East. Wash today and covered with pollen tomorrow. Do these dusters do more harm than good in terms of possibly scratching the finish.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, none. I dont like them. Id rather use a good QD with a high quality microfiber or wash the car then use one of those dusters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBenz
    Can anyone reccomend a duster for between washings such as the California Duster? My car is dark metalic green and the pollen season is still with us here in the North East. Wash today and covered with pollen tomorrow. Do these dusters do more harm than good in terms of possibly scratching the finish.
    Thanks
    I'd take OXO any day over California duster. Rubber handle - better grip.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the Cal duster for quite awhile, but only on light dust. Never put any downward pressure on it. Then on a day after I had just jeweled the paint on a car I used it to get off the dusting. You guessed it, light scratches. Never used it again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another for the California Duster. Let it sit on newspaper for a day or two before using to let the excess parrifin get absorbed... Also use it with no pressure.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I'm not going to be using a car for while I wash it and cover it up.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been rubbin down my car every night with a new MF towel since my big wash/seal/wax this past weekend. It sparkles it up real nice, but will a MF towel cause marring as well? If I am rubbing dust? The car gets driven about 80 miles a day then gets a lovely rub down at night in the garage before the lights go out to go to bed. I been thinking about getting a Cal Duster but from the sounds of this thread using the MF towel the way I do is a better choice?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have found that if used properly the CA Duster works great. Especially removing all this pollen we are getting here in New England. Just lightly touch the finish and it removes light dust with ease. If you have a Job Lots near you they have them for only $7.99.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD
    I have found that if used properly the CA Duster works great. Especially removing all this pollen we are getting here in New England. Just lightly touch the finish and it removes light dust with ease. If you have a Job Lots near you they have them for only $7.99.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarboots11
    I have been rubbin down my car every night with a new MF towel since my big wash/seal/wax this past weekend. It sparkles it up real nice, but will a MF towel cause marring as well? If I am rubbing dust? The car gets driven about 80 miles a day then gets a lovely rub down at night in the garage before the lights go out to go to bed. I been thinking about getting a Cal Duster but from the sounds of this thread using the MF towel the way I do is a better choice?
    Anything that touches the paint could theorhetically leave marring. When you say "rubbing down the car with a new MF towel", I'm assuming you're using a good QD and a clean (washed) MF towel. If that's the case, then you're minimizing the potential for marring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast