autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

How about Duragloss Paste Wax?

We all know Duragloss makes some very, very good products and sells them at a reasonable price. Their car wash, AquaWax and sealants constantly receive praise everywhere detailing is discussed. I've used many of these products and can attest to their ease of use, longevity, appearance and value (some even smell great too!!).

One product I have not tried is their Paste Wax. It seems to be an AIO wax that, according to the description, contains abrasives for polishing along with wax and even polymers. There have been very few reviews of this paste wax here or anywhere else. I wanted to try it since it is a do-all product and costs only about ten bucks for an 11 oz. tin. However, what little I could find was not encouraging. Some people said it was more a "cream" substance like mayo, rather than a paste and was very difficult to get off. One reviewer said Duragloss recommended a wowo approach if it was found to be difficult to remove.

One good thing they talked about was that it looked great and lasted "a long, long time". The description says you should get six months out of this wax which is more like a sealant and far better than most waxes. It seems to have a lot going for it - AIO, polymers plus wax, longevity, good looks, ease of use (if indeed it is a panel at a time wowo product) and the Duragloss name reputation for excellence and value.

So why don't I hear more about this wax? Every day someone here is talking about a Duragloss product - but not this one. Since the last real discussion and review of this product, (at least that I could find) was over six years ago, I'm wondering if anyone has the latest scoop on this wax?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How about Duragloss Paste Wax?

To be honest nothing has changed with the product in recent time. It is still a gel like substance, has some cleaning capability, and good protection. I personally think most people don't use it because it is not the traditional hard paste. It's just easier to use 105 or 101 because you can squeeze them onto an applicator as they are a thinner consistency. But you can pour the paste wax into a bottle and squeeze it out as well, it's just thicker than the above. If it gets a little sticky on the paint just spray some Fast Clean & Shine over the residue and it will wipe right off.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, that is what I'm thinking - more of a sealant substance rather than wax. It seems to have every attribute of one of their sealants, even making it sort of liquidy like their 105/101/111. So what is the purpose? Maybe Duragloss felt they had to have something that said "Paste Wax" in their inventory in order to be considered a true detailing supplier because every major detail product player makes a paste wax of some sort. So, what they did perhaps was take something like their 105 and just add a little wax to it. Maybe the "wax" thing is marketing - just like AquaWax is not a wax at all. Anyway, I'll probably just stick with their sealants which are about as good as you can find.

Post Thanks / Like

Duragloss may call #104 a "paste wax" for: marketing-purposes...

But officially it's known as:
    Duragloss Paste Polish & Cleaner #104

The MSDS's for Duragloss #'s: 101, 104, 105, 111, 501...
    Have them all listed as having the following ingredients:

POLYAMINOSILOXANE/POLISHING AGENTS/ALIPHATIC HYDROCARBONS

With the HAZARDOUS INGREDIENTS being:

-ALIPHATIC HYDROCARBONS...ranging from: 9-12%
    -SOLVENT NAPHTHA...............ranging from: 8-10%

Awfully difficult for me to discern any real differences between these products.

I wonder if #104 would play nice with #601?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly haven't researched this product like others. It reminds me of a thicker 101. It's not a bad product, just different. One thing I've noticed is they don't put out products just to have one. They have pretty good reasoning and a lot of testing goes into each.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    I wonder if #104 would play nice with #601?

Bob
    According to both Bill and Jerry, 601 is compatible with all of their "polishes".