autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Toughest, most durable LSP or Wax

Hi guys (and gals),

I finally got around to finishing my kids 4Runner, doing a total correction end to end, top to bottom (there is a thread where I removed and repainted the roof rack).
    When I started I did the roof with the Megs twins 105/205 then M21 and topped with ULW. I like it for the work flow, and the fact that they are all in the same line (more or less) being polymer/synthetic based. They just play well together.

The one thing I did different with the sides was try out my new bottle of M101 instead of the M105. (I'll put another thread about that, but damn does 101 work well!) Now that I've done the sides and rear I'm looking at trying something different as the wax. Don't know why, as the old saying 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' keeps rattling around in my head.

Oh well.... my head is a dangerous place for things sometimes.

That brings me to thinking what may be the most durable wax out there, both in my cabinet as well as what else I might try that isn't going to cost me an arm and a leg, (I just don't follow the idea that expensive waxes are actually worth that kid of money).

So, now that it's sealed with M21 I'm asking what y'all might consider. Here I've got a number of "cleaner waxes" but I'm not putting those on M21. Along the line of just waxes, the list is: Megs Deep Crystal paste, Megs Gold Class liquid, Megs Ultimate liquid, Megs Ultimate spray, NXT Tech Wax (paste, liquid & spray), Griot's Best of Show, and a new bottle of Megs Pro Microfiber Finishing Wax (that I may be leaning towards, just have never used it and would like some feedback on that one if anyone has).
    It's going to rain a LOT for the next 3˝ days so now is the time to get something on it that'll likely be tested.

Later,
    Cardaddy

Post Thanks / Like
    The Griot's BOS leaves a good shine and average durability but is kinda hard to remove IMO and the NXT has cleaners in it but is very easy to remove, durability is an issue here, honestly, lasts about a month. As far as the others go, deep crystal....sounds like it came out when girls were wearing those neon shirts, LOL and they said FRANKIE SAYS WAR, GO HIDE YOURSELF. On an SUV I'd use the most durable product on the roof and do the rest of the truck 3x's a year but that's just me.

Although I haven't used it before, seems everyone says Colinite lasts the longest, so I'd give that a try, that or Opti-coat for durability.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toughest, most durable LSP or Wax

Put Collinite 476s on and then in about a week top it up with a coat of 845 Insulator Wax. also from Collinite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Collinite 476s

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ad.php?t=60333

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Four star paint protection, the best I have ever used

Post Thanks / Like

The most durable? Klasse SG x3-6.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    The Griot's BOS leaves a good shine and average durability but is kinda hard to remove IMO and the NXT has cleaners in it but is very easy to remove, durability is an issue here, honestly, lasts about a month. As far as the others go, deep crystal....sounds like it came out when girls were wearing those neon shirts, LOL and they said FRANKIE SAYS WAR, GO HIDE YOURSELF. On an SUV I'd use the most durable product on the roof and do the rest of the truck 3x's a year but that's just me.

Although I haven't used it before, seems everyone says Colinite lasts the longest, so I'd give that a try, that or Opti-coat for durability.
    Oddly enough, I have no recollection of when that Deep Crystal showed up! It may have been that far back.

One I did forget guys is the Megs M26. I have that in paste and liquid (brand new bottle in fact).

I'm seeing a lot of suggestions for Collinite. Can't believe I haven't tried it yet, especially as it's available locally. Hmmm, I see another visit to Advance AP in my near future.

After I posted I was informed he needed the truck for church tonight so I went ahead and got a quick coat of ULW on it. Were it my car it'd not go outside without a nice carnuba shell, but I'm trying to teach the kid and his attention span is about *this* long. Actually had I not told him it wasn't leaving the garage without wax on it I don't even think he'd have hung around long enough to get the ULW on and off.

Anyone have any experience with Collinite in terribly heavy humidity? I'll go grab some and put it on this week but it's like not going to be raining, as we're expecting up to 6" of it! I's going to be POURING rain for DAYS!

Post Thanks / Like
    U may want to give advance ap notice, they keep at their local warehouse for same day delivery. You will be happy with it. I've put it on in summer southern days. No problems......thin thin thin thin.

Post Thanks / Like

Klasse high gloss sealant is very durable and inexpensive in my book. A whole bottle will last a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Really doesn't matter what you use if the vehicle will get washed and an LSP booster (like a spray wax) on a regular basis. However, if he is the type to let it go for extended periods, I would go with Collinite 845 and maintain when you can with either Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax/Synthetic X-press Spray Wax or Optimum Car Wax.

Collinite 845 - the "Rocky Balboa" of waxes
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast