autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you use to completely strip your paint prior to LSP application?

Griot's just released a "new and improved" version of their Paint Prep. It worked GREAT!!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you use to completely strip your paint prior to LSP application?

Damn!!! Lol remember that thread you made i believe it was you talking about the paint prep. That's why i bought it in the first place! What's different about this one

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Qusai View Post
    Damn!!! Lol remember that thread you made i believe it was you talking about the paint prep. That's why i bought it in the first place! What's different about this one
    They claim it's stronger/more effective, but this prior version worked great, too!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like
    Mark I actually tried out a bottle of the old formula after reading a thread where you spoke highly of it.

Stuff does a great job of stripping all previously applied LSP.

The only thing I didn't like was I used almost the entire bottle on a mid sized SUV. Does this sound about right or was I using too much product?

Post Thanks / Like

I use CG Citrus Wash and Clear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpk20x View Post
    Mark I actually tried out a bottle of the old formula after reading a thread where you spoke highly of it.

Stuff does a great job of stripping all previously applied LSP.

The only thing I didn't like was I used almost the entire bottle on a mid sized SUV. Does this sound about right or was I using too much product?

Did you use Griot's Finest Sprayer?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Mark, do you prefer using a stripping shampoo or an actual product designed for the sole purpose like Griot's or I think it's called Eraser?

I use Chem Guys Citrus Wash N Gloss at a high dilution (1 oz to 1 gallon). To me, it is very cheap and effective. At the same time, dawn would work too, but I guess I would rather use a car shampoo than a hand soap if I can avoid it.
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    Mark, do you prefer using a stripping shampoo or an actual product designed for the sole purpose like Griot's or I think it's called Eraser?

I use Chem Guys Citrus Wash N Gloss at a high dilution (1 oz to 1 gallon). To me, it is very cheap and effective. At the same time, dawn would work too, but I guess I would rather use a car shampoo than a hand soap if I can avoid it.
    I prefer to use a product that's specifically made to strip. Lots of people will use APC's and other stuff that's more cost effective. I've used CG citrus wash red to strip, but I think it's way overrated. It's great to tackle dirty cars, but not for striping, IMO. I use eraser mainly for inspecting, but not for stripping. Paint prep is perfect because you spray it on, agitate, and rinse!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FivePoint.0 View Post
    I prefer to use a product that's specifically made to strip. Lots of people will use APC's and other stuff that's more cost effective. I've used CG citrus wash red to strip, but I think it's way overrated. It's great to tackle dirty cars, but not for striping, IMO. I use eraser mainly for inspecting, but not for stripping. Paint prep is perfect because you spray it on, agitate, and rinse!
    Thanks for the info
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mark,

Because of your post, I bought the original version of Griot's Paint Prep on BOGO. I think it does a dandy job at removing everything and I have plenty left.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast