autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Scrubbing Bubbles on leather???

Hey. I was researching the best way to clean leather and I have read favorable reviews on using Scrubbing Bubbles (green cap). Do any of you all have experience with this?

If not, what is the best OTC Leather Cleaner/Conditioner that I can pick up from AZ or similar?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Scrubbing Bubbles on leather???

Until I found AG, all I used were OTC products. Meg's Gold Class served me well for years on a number of cars, as well as Lexol. A few years ago I had a problem with dye transfer from my wife's red leather jacket on the tan seats of her Rendezvous. Neither the GC or Lexol would remove it, nor Simple Green at 1:4, so I tried Tuff Stuff liquid. Bad move! It removed most of the dye, but also the coating on the seat. That drove home the principle of trying an unknown product on an inconspicuous area first, as Tuff Stuff aerosol had never caused any problems. Based on that one experience, I would be wary of any product not intended for leather. Nowadays, I use Leather Masters once in a while and OPC /OPP regularly. I still use the Meg's GC on the leather wraps of my pool cues. It cleans well and leaves the leather soft without being slippery.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Are these nice seats?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Are these nice seats?
    The seats are seven years old, but still in very good shape. Minimal wear and good color.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post
    Until I found AG, all I used were OTC products. Meg's Gold Class served me well for years on a number of cars, as well as Lexol. A few years ago I had a problem with dye transfer from my wife's red leather jacket on the tan seats of her Rendezvous. Neither the GC or Lexol would remove it, nor Simple Green at 1:4, so I tried Tuff Stuff liquid. Bad move! It removed most of the dye, but also the coating on the seat. That drove home the principle of trying an unknown product on an inconspicuous area first, as Tuff Stuff aerosol had never caused any problems. Based on that one experience, I would be wary of any product not intended for leather. Nowadays, I use Leather Masters once in a while and OPC /OPP regularly. I still use the Meg's GC on the leather wraps of my pool cues. It cleans well and leaves the leather soft without being slippery.

Bill
    So an APC would work great, as well as Megs GC? I don't need it to be professional, just clean and soft.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanFlow View Post
    The seats are seven years old, but still in very good shape. Minimal wear and good color.

So an APC would work great, as well as Megs GC? I don't need it to be professional, just clean and soft.
    If you need to go OTC, use the Meg's or Lexol. Save the APC for any problem spots that the Meg's or Lexol can't remove.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I would personally advise against using a household cleaner like scrubbing bubbles to clean automotive leather. If you want to clean it the right way, you're in the right place. For an OTC product that works well, I like VLR by mothers.

I would suggest cleaning with a all purpose cleaner diluted to proper strength before cleaning following up with VLR.

2012 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Torch Red

Post Thanks / Like

I would stick with a leather cleaner. Im all for getting random things to work and experimenting with product, but NOT on leather.

Post Thanks / Like

-I have personally never...ever...used Scrubbing Bubbles for any automotive cleaning purposes...
    especially on leather ...whether it's 'coated' or otherwise.

-Even if the leather appointed cabin-areas are seven years old...
    I see no reason for you to do any differently.

-I can only suggest trying this instead:
    Leather Master Leather Care Products, Auto Care Master, Leather Master Car Interior Leather Products, leather care, leather cleaner, leather

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not recommending that... But that's where I ve seen what you are talking about. I would use a very light solution of apc to clean initially and the follow with a dedicated leather cleaner. Leathers Masters or Leatherique.

[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xPbz3-3buHM]YouTube - How to Clean Leather Seats to Match my new leather seat covers.[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast