autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Glass

Post Thanks / Like

Glass

First off thanks y'all, I have learned a lot from lurking. For much of the past 25 years I have been a once a week full service wash customer with a once a year trip to a detailer. I also had a position where every three years I was trading cars. After reading a lot of posts here I have a new respect for the guys that took care of my vehicles. Now I have a different career and I have the time to do some of this myself.

This morning as I was cleaning the windshield on my F-150 with mf towels and Invisaglass I noticed the ghost of where my wipers have travelled. Basically the area above the wipe. I used more product and elbow grease, but it is still there. I can't really see it from the inside so I could ignore it, but it will bug me knowing it is there.

Ideas?

No electrons were harmed in the production of this post via Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Glass

Subscribed. Maybe it's just me but I hate cleaning glass.

Suggestion: Clay your windshield and see if that works.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!

What you are seeing are wiper marks I believe. They are hard to avoid if you use your wipers often.

The way you would go about removing these is to polish your glass. You will need a machine polisher like a Porter Cable 7424 XP paired with either a Lake Country Glass Polishing Pad or a regular Lake Country orange pad.

I have used Car Pro Ceriglass with a glass polishing pad and have removed wiper marks easily. Other glass polishing products are DP High Performance Glass Restorer, DG NuGlass, and even a regular compound or polish will work.

If you doing a search on glass polishing and such, you will find a couple of reviews and demonstrations.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with rider9195, there are several good glass polishing products from DP and Diamondite including clay that will clean and ploish your glass. I have found several AIO's and polishes that have worked well on glass like Klasse AIO and recently used Natty's Blue Liquid to clean up a windshield.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, it seems like it is a film starting just above the wiper path. I see the marks that the edge of the blades have made, so perhaps while I am getting those off, I will remove that film as well. We have a really thick, heavy dew most mornings, that may be the build up.

No electrons were harmed in the production of this post via Tapatalk