autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
Like Tree2706Likes

Thread: What did you do today detailing related?

Re: What did you do today detailing related?

Last week AMMONYC Reflex and Skin, this week a coat of Son1c Obsession wax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I just hear about them by word of mouth at the shows themselves. As far as the family goes they generally attend them with me but tomorrow it's just my buddy Ted with the newer GT350, Hectour with the 79' RX7 and myself, maybe Madmerc will sneak up behind me again like 2 months ago, LOL. BTW John I plan on being up there by 8 a.m. or so and we're meeting my buddy with the GT350 near the entrance, couple areas to meet before you get in. Lastly this show is the 2nd Saturday of every month in Naperville, basically I88 and 59.

Come on out Mr. Paul, it's been a while!
    So I get up very early yesterday morning to give the SS a quick bath with the idea of pulling a Madmerc and sneaking up on Roger (Klasse Act) at the C&C. Wellllllll so much for that idea.
    What did you do today detailing related?-fullsizerender-3.jpg
    I had gone fishing the night before at the local town hall pond. Apparently while I was fishing the sprinklers came on, sprinkled up the front of the SS and the water spots dried on the SS before I got back. As I'm typing this I recall the sprinklers were on the night before but on the other side of the parking lot so I may have had two days worth of hard water deposits one of which would have baked in the sun all day Friday.

I gave the SS an N914 bath but the water spots remained. I tried vinegar, nothing. Detail Spray, nothing. Bug remover, nothing. Then I remembered I'd found Meguiars water spot remover on clearance a year or two ago.
    What did you do today detailing related?-img7119.jpg
    I applied it to the "chrome" trim with a yellow wax applicator and it worked wonders.
    What did you do today detailing related?-img7124.jpg
    The paint, not so much. Under fluorescent lighting in the garage it looked great, under Mr. Sun or an LED flashlight I was seeing micromarring.

Dang it!

I got the GG polisher, a yellow Lake Country polishing pad and some Meguiars D302 out of the basement. I polished the hood, front fascia and quarter panels. After that I followed up with an IPA wipe down and a coating of McKee's Paint Coating. An hour later I hit it up with a send coat. Needless to say I finished up well after the C&C ended.

Oh well Roger. The summer ain't over yet. I'll still try to sneak up on you before the end of the C&C season.
    2017 Panther Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight and unused wheel in the trunk.

Sorry about the water spots Mr. Paul

It was a massive turnout, but the star of the show was an Aston Martin Zagato in from Montana (or bought in Montana with their plates still on it) There's a repair shop there as well and what was just "hangin' out in there", Ferrari F40 Also saw an 80's Maserati Quadraportte and Suzuki Cappuccino, you never know what you'll see there. We got to tour a 3 level car condo...need to win the lotto

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2013 Abarth-coated 2x's with Wolfgang Uber ceramic paint coating 5-27-17
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

I just attempted to try this new WW on my wife's Mazda 6 this morning, outside in perfect 66 degree weather. Started with the windshield and had to buff it quite a bit, but I moved along to the hood. Laid down an average amount of product and began the swiping. When I was done I had a series of streaks, one for every swipe. I attempted to buff them out and it didn't really work, surely if I had used a separate microfiber towel it would have come out but I stopped right there and decided to go rinseless.

Because this was a designated WW there was NO directions for using it as a RW, so I added 2 ounces to my bucket and added 3 gallons of water. At this point the color of the product, pink, had disappeared but I decided to forge ahead. I pre-soaked as normal and cleaned the car. Because her paint is so bad I can't tell if any damage occurred but the car came out great, pics to follow in a bit.

I cleaned the tires with Bleache White and Mothers tire brush and used the new wheel cleaner, same brand as that WW. I can proudly announce that this wheel cleaner is awesome though! Between it's cleaning ability and my speed master wheel brush the dirt didn't stand a chance! I finished by applying the tire coating, you guessed it, from this same company. I've been using it for a while and its spectacular!

Now it's time to hit the shower and check out the all Pontiac show in St. Charles

Here's the pics and now it's time to go and see some 65' GTO's...and other Ponchos

By the way I am aware of how badly the paint needs correcting I just have to have the time to spend the entire weekend on this car.

This is from the Iron Gate Cars and Coffee show yesterday, my kind of a double-decker sandwich! By the way I will take the one up top everyday and twice on Sunday!

MadMerc and JKDesign like this.

Sorry for the upside down picture, but thought of Klasse Act and Ron when I saw this beast. It destroyed the track at the GoodGuys car show in Raleigh.

What did you do today detailing related?-20170429140649.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app
    JKDesign likes this.

1961 Pontiac Ventura, one of my favorite Pontiac ever exactly like this

DETAILROOKIE likes this.

On the way out of the show I spotted this 1966 Mercedes Benz Pagoda and inspected the paint it is absolutely perfect! Next to the 300sl Gullwing this is my favorite Mercedes-Benz ever!

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    Sorry for the upside down picture, but thought of Klasse Act and Ron when I saw this beast. It destroyed the track at the GoodGuys car show in Raleigh.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170429_140649.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	59398

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I can appreciate that you thought of me and I can't speak for Ron but I would never do that to a mid-year Coupe.

Page 1279 of 1281 FirstFirst ... 279779117912291269127012711272127312741275127612771278127912801281 LastLast