autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
Like Tree2252Likes

Thread: What did you do today detailing related?

What did you do today detailing related?

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    It actually wasn't easy at all.

The spray atomized the liquid so much that it was impossible to tell. Since the atomized liquid hit the wet surface of a relatively color neutral surface, I still couldn't tell.

Being honest there. Couldn't tell.
    So you were your own guinea pig?? It really is hard to find people who.... Nevermind any of that talk. Their cars look like crap and that means they're the crazy ones. Lol.
    But seriously, you were your own guinea pig? Lol.

P.s. Thank you Detail Kitty, for showing me how to spell guinea pig. You're way better than iphone, or Siri, or whoever, you're better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: What did you do today detailing related?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    P.s. Thank you Detail Kitty, for showing me how to spell guinea pig. You're way better than iphone, or Siri, or whoever, you're better.
    Lol took a few attempts to figure it out myself. Same as you... wasn't coming up right away, but normally auto-correct jumps right in?
    Eldorado2k likes this.

2017 Ford Focus RS • 2017 Ford Escape SE • 2016 Ford Escape SE • 2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-bolt

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    So you were your own guinea pig?? It really is hard to find people who.... Nevermind any of that talk. Their cars look like crap and that means they're the crazy ones. Lol.
    But seriously, you were your own guinea pig? Lol.

Yup. Double blinded comparison.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | 2015 Toyota Highlander

Thumbs up Re: What did you do today detailing related?

I went down to the garage to clean my wife's Mazda 6, it was salt encrusted to the scale of 11!

For this job I decided to go with the 2BM method, asking my Aqua sponge to take on the task. I then reached for an old friend, WCU and added 2 ounces and filled the bucket to the 3.5 gallon level and then filled the other bucket with clean water. Before I got started I decided to clean the tires and wheels and for this task I reached for 2 products, Bleache-White for the tires and Meg's Mirror Brite for the wheels. I sprayed a fair amount on the wheels and I let it sit. Once a couple minutes went by I grabbed my tire cleaner and small bucket and got to scrubbing. I sprayed the sidewalls down and they turned brown right away but I also sprayed another coat of Meg's MB on the wheels and scrubbed the spokes and barrels, then scrubbed the tires with my trusty Mother's tire brush (if you don't have one of these, GET ONE!) I rinsed the tires and wheels down and then got ready to wash the car. I always make extra RW because I wanna pre-soak the hell out of the car when its really dirty and it paid off, WGU knocked it out of the park, as usual!

Once I was done I sprayed a little bit of WW onto a designated MF towel and wiped down the tires and wheels and moved the car back into her parking spot. I then reached for "a tire coating" and applied a thin coat to my own car and then went over to her car and applied a coat to hers as well. This "a tire coating" is a great product and I will be able to talk about it more pretty soon but rest assured, its well worth waiting for, this I can ASSURE YOU!
    kevincwelch likes this.
    2013 Abarth/Polish-LSP count...(23-39-37-0)
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Uber wash and m37 gloss detail spray to top it off

Klasse Act and Sicoupe like this.

Stuck my ozone generator in my gf's car for an hour

Coated the exterior trim around the front and rear glass.

Tended to the door seals with a new product that I have not used before

Sicoupe and Klasse Act like this.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT (Daily)
    2002 Chevy Camaro SS (Garage Queen)

I tried out two new products today. Mickey's 37 N914 rinseless wash as well as Polish Angel high gloss.

First of all, I'll give my overall impression that this is a very good rinseless wash. I definitely can see why this rinseless wash would be attractive to a lot of detailers since it leaves nothing behind supposedly. I found that to be the case when I washed my car today.

I initially hosed down my car at the coin-op to blast away all the salt and grime. I then drove it home. While it was still wet I started applying McKees. Like others I noticed the foaming right away. This occurred with gentle agitation.

Well I found that this product had a good amount of lubricity -- more than ONR -- I still feel that Uber has the advantage in terms of lubricity.

This is another thing that I noticed. Uber left the surface of my paint reasonably slick; McKees left the surface more like it was when I originally applied Mohs coating. Mohs coating had a slightly grabby feeling. If you've ever applied EXO or even PBL, those surfaces are very slick. So this makes me conclude that McKee's doesn't fact leave nothing behind.

The car was clean based on my informal white glove test.

I been applied polish angel. The car looks fantastic in my opinion. High Gloss was very easy to apply and buff just like the rest of the Polish Angel products.

Tires: Hyperdressing 2:1
    Interior: Kenotek vinyl/leather conditioner
    Glass: Sonax (int) and DG #751
    Klasse Act and lane5515 like this.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | 2015 Toyota Highlander

Just a quick bath

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Coated the exterior trim around the front and rear glass.

Tended to the door seals with a new product that I have not used before

I have that 303 Aerospace rubber seal protectant but have yet to use it, would like to be outside where its a bit warmer for that so I can open up the doors and see better and take pics.
    2013 Abarth/Polish-LSP count...(23-39-37-0)
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 1182 of 1228 FirstFirst ... 18268210821132117211731174117511761177117811791180118111821183118411851186118711881189119011911192 ... LastLast