autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DuraGloss #111 clearcoat polish....thoughts

It was very hot and humid and I didn't leave on for long at all (5 minutes) but it appeared dry. I applied by hand. Paint was clean with Prima Amigo by machine prior to application.

Sounds like drying time / apply more thin by machine next time?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HotRodJoe View Post
    It was very hot and humid and I didn't leave on for long at all (5 minutes) but it appeared dry. I applied by hand. Paint was clean with Prima Amigo by machine prior to application.

Sounds like drying time / apply more thin by machine next time?
    Many products will streak if not allowed to dry thoroughly. I can't imagine that 5 minutes was enough. When in doubt do a swipe test. If theres any residue or streaking after you swipe, you have to wait longer. I wait a minimum of 45-60 minutes for a sealant.
    Best Regards,
    Scott Muscle Car Detailing - Mod and Shine
    Detailing supplies aren't cheap, but they're a lot cheaper then therapy

Post Thanks / Like

HotRodJoe, try it again and this time leave it on for about an hour or so, DG seems to respond to time for some reason. My buddy Derek0609 here got me into AquaWax and he even said that after a half an hour of using that product on his car, it "POPPED" even more so! I found this to be true when using #111 for the first time, I left it on for the amount of time it took me to apply it to the entire car, then removed it and I thought it didn't "pop" like BFWD did, so I sprayed it down with AquaWax and it really brought it out. I was a little pissed as I thought this #111 was some good stuff, so the next time I left it on the car for about an hour and 15 minutes and when I took it off......BAAAAM!

As I posted yesterday I applied a coat of #111 yesterday evening before the sun went all the way down and left it on the car overnight. I went out there about an hour ago to remove it, no problem at all but I did have some dew on the roof, no biggie at all. I did remove it w/o needing to spray anything on it, but for good measure, I sprayed AW on the car to add even more "bling" to the car and it really made a difference!

Dura Gloss has been my choice for the last dozen coats, going between AW and #111 (with one coat of BFWD sandwiched in there) and check this out. We had a massive downpour here in Chicagoland on Saturday and I got caught in it on my way home from work Saturday afternoon! People were pulled off on the shoulder w/ flashers on, it was that bad. I'm glad it rained for sure and I knew the car would be dirty as hell the day after, check out my car the day after.........unbelievable!

Now I know the car is silver but trust me when I say this, there's NO dirt on the body, the only dirt was on the A-pillar:

There were very small water spots on the windows and that was it, HOW IN THE HELL WAS THERE NO DIRT ON THE CAR? i drove through an incredible downpour afterall! Even my tires/wheels were pretty clean, especially the tires as the Black Fire total eclipse tire gel is THE best tire dressing I've ever used! Just because of the A-pillars and just to make it look 100% perfect, I did a rinseless wash using my last 1 oz of DG rinseless wash, left over from doing my g/f's Mazda 6, the power of DG's rinseless wash

I'm going to be ordering the DB bonding agent stuff pretty soon so I can really layer the car up before winter, its never too early to start thinking about these things here in the midwest. Thanks for all the input on DG products guys!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    HotRodJoe, try it again and this time leave it on for about an hour or so, DG seems to respond to time for some reason. My buddy Derek0609 here got me into AquaWax and he even said that after a half an hour of using that product on his car, it "POPPED" even more so! I found this to be true when using #111 for the first time, I left it on for the amount of time it took me to apply it to the entire car, then removed it and I thought it didn't "pop" like BFWD did, so I sprayed it down with AquaWax and it really brought it out. I was a little pissed as I thought this #111 was some good stuff, so the next time I left it on the car for about an hour and 15 minutes and when I took it off......BAAAAM!

As I posted yesterday I applied a coat of #111 yesterday evening before the sun went all the way down and left it on the car overnight. I went out there about an hour ago to remove it, no problem at all but I did have some dew on the roof, no biggie at all. I did remove it w/o needing to spray anything on it, but for good measure, I sprayed AW on the car to add even more "bling" to the car and it really made a difference!

Dura Gloss has been my choice for the last dozen coats, going between AW and #111 (with one coat of BFWD sandwiched in there) and check this out. We had a massive downpour here in Chicagoland on Saturday and I got caught in it on my way home from work Saturday afternoon! People were pulled off on the shoulder w/ flashers on, it was that bad. I'm glad it rained for sure and I knew the car would be dirty as hell the day after, check out my car the day after.........unbelievable!

Now I know the car is silver but trust me when I say this, there's NO dirt on the body, the only dirt was on the A-pillar:

There were very small water spots on the windows and that was it, HOW IN THE HELL WAS THERE NO DIRT ON THE CAR? i drove through an incredible downpour afterall! Even my tires/wheels were pretty clean, especially the tires as the Black Fire total eclipse tire gel is THE best tire dressing I've ever used! Just because of the A-pillars and just to make it look 100% perfect, I did a rinseless wash using my last 1 oz of DG rinseless wash, left over from doing my g/f's Mazda 6, the power of DG's rinseless wash

I'm going to be ordering the DB bonding agent stuff pretty soon so I can really layer the car up before winter, its never too early to start thinking about these things here in the midwest. Thanks for all the input on DG products guys!
    I guess you thought this was just a suggestion haaaaa!!

"Apply Duragloss Clear Coat Polish to the entire vehicle and then buff off using a soft Cobra Microfiber Towel. Reapply every 6 months for optimum protection.

If desired, apply a carnauba wax such as DP Max Wax as a topper. It will not disturb the Duragloss and it will further enhance the shine with genuine carnauba.

Protect your clear coated vehicle with Duragloss Clear Coat Polish (CCP) for 6 months of durable, synthetic protection and a glossy wet look."

God love ya buddy, at this rate you'll hit 100 coats before the Dragon!!!!!!
    2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD - Hi Chroma Red - 3.3TT
    Borla S-Type Cat-back Exhaust - ADD W1 Oil Catch Can - Tork Motorsports Intakes - BMS Pedal Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

^^^Nah, I'd to do a coat every other day, that's just crazy, LOL! Wait, how many coats do you have this year Derek?

Post Thanks / Like

I'll leave it on an hour next time, but I'm only gonna do a test patch. I agree re: AW, that stuff makes everything look good. But bfwd is my current fav sealant, so 111 is gonna have to do something great for me to take its place! I'll give it a try, though, because I want it to work - the dusting of bfwd is annoying.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll leave it on an hour next time, but I'm only gonna do a test patch. I agree re: AW, that stuff makes everything look good. But bfwd is my current fav sealant, so 111 is gonna have to do something great for me to take its place! I'll give it a try, though, because I want it to work - the dusting of bfwd is annoying.
    Your right on target with this post for sure Joe, I'm a big fan of BFWD also, got a bottle of it right now and was using it in conjunction with BF Crystal Seal and really liked the results. There is some dusting issues but its not that bad IMO, there's NO issue with dusting with #111 though.

What type and color of car are you using the #111 on Joe?

I wonder if Dura Gloss is working on making a clear seal type sealant like BF, Optimum, Zaino and others have? Richy.....any thing you'd like to add to this???

Post Thanks / Like

Black, very soft clear.

Post Thanks / Like

Black, very soft clear.
    Is it the car in your avatar? I'm sure Richy will come in here and help you out alot more than I can

It sounds like the prep process needs some tweaking but I do know for sure about the amount of time DP products need to work their best and when they do, LOOK OUT

Post Thanks / Like

I have had good success after claying with 601/105 (two coats) followed the next day with AquaWax. It is a brand new Mercedes SUV with "Diamond White" paint option that looks stunning with the Duragloss products. Of course, it looked mighty good when I got it from the dealer too but now it "glistens".

The delivery man just dropped off my latest AutoGeek shipment and it included 111. Because the paint is in such good condition I wanted to try a pure sealant with no correcting ability and 111 is the Duragloss product closest to that ideal of "pure" sealant. The 105 which I used does have some cleaning capability and also a "waxy" look which is quite nice. The 111 is suppose to have even more gloss to it so I am anxious to try it. The problem is that I may never have the need to try it. The 105 is protecting very, very well and by using Duragloss' shampoo with AquaWax and then spraying additional AquaWax after each wash, this car may never require anything else but squirts of AquaWax on top of the 105 from now on!

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast