autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DuraGloss #111 clearcoat polish....thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Primo, you spoke about Klasse leaving swirls after using it, I assume your talking about KAIO? If so, its not abrasive at all, so its never to be used for paint correction, just cleaning or a quick coat to "tie you over" or right before you apply KSG.

I'm going to be picking up DG's rinseless wash when I'm out of my DP gallon, has anyone here used it and how is it?
    I take it your talking about 932. I have been using it for a while now and with Aqua Wax already added it works great. As a detailer I have tried several times on the Daughters Twilight Blue Metallic and had streaking every time. Used on my Driftwood (Silvery) or the Wife's Sand colored Toyota the QD is fine. I emailed DG on this and will post it in a different thread.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Used the rinseless, aquawax, 111, 901, and 501. Just got a gallon of rinseless, 901, and aquawax if that tells you what I thought of them. I will get more 501 when I run out. Just got some 601 to try with the 501 & 111. I do have some I would trade if interested.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by primo spaghetti View Post
    the AIO still left swirls that needed correction
    AFAIK, KAIO has no abrasives so it will not do anything against swirls. Perhaps, the KAIO showed the existing swirls by removing everything that hides them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    I take it your talking about 932. I have been using it for a while now and with Aqua Wax already added it works great. As a detailer I have tried several times on the Daughters Twilight Blue Metallic and had streaking every time. Used on my Driftwood (Silvery) or the Wife's Sand colored Toyota the QD is fine. I emailed DG on this and will post it in a different thread.

Dave
    If you mixed it at the recommended ratio then I agree, it can streak even with distilled water. Cut back the ratio or mix 3oz in a 32oz bottle instead of 16oz., that should take care of most streaking.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    If you mixed it at the recommended ratio then I agree, it can streak even with distilled water. Cut back the ratio or mix 3oz in a 32oz bottle instead of 16oz., that should take care of most streaking.
    Thanks Richard
    I had already emailed DG to get their official response and put it in another thread. When I first mixed this I thought it was pretty strong compared to ONR. I guess I will mix some like I did with ONR and see how it goes as it is easier to add than take away.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you add the link or info here? I'd like to know the official word and not just my tinkering.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    Can you add the link or info here? I'd like to know the official word and not just my tinkering.
    Here you go

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...tml#post712337

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. Looks like I wasn't too far off. If you mix at the recommended ratio and are careful, you can actually use it as a waterless wash.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope I remember the 2oz per 16 of water ratio by the time I need to buy more rinseless wash. I wonder if the streaking is because its got Aqua Wax in it. That being said, I've never had an issue with streaking with AW though, so maybe when it mixes with the rinseless from the factory it does something, no biggie, I'm a huge fan of their stuff and even ordered a 16 oz bottle of the DG rinseless wash for my buddy for his birthday coming up in a couple weeks, along with some other items from the AG store.
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I hope I remember the 2oz per 16 of water ratio by the time I need to buy more rinseless wash. I wonder if the streaking is because its got Aqua Wax in it. That being said, I've never had an issue with streaking with AW though, so maybe when it mixes with the rinseless from the factory it does something, no biggie, I'm a huge fan of their stuff and even ordered a 16 oz bottle of the DG rinseless wash for my buddy for his birthday coming up in a couple weeks, along with some other items from the AG store.
    The straight Aqua Wax works fine with no streaking. The streaks only appear with the 3oz to 16oz QD and nothing I have gets rid of it except Z6. I tried FK, Aqua Wax then Z6.
    Your right Richard your chemistry class is paying off.

Dave

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast