autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DuraGloss #111 clearcoat polish....thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    I haven't used DG 111 for so long that I've forgotten a lot about it! Honestly though, I leave DG 105 on 45-60 minutes before removing. Like Jason mentioned above, DG products usually set up in 12-24 hours and that's when you notice the characteristics. I discussed this with Richy in the past and we both feel they take on a silky feel more so than the traditional slick feeling.

Have you had a chance to use Rain Repel yet? If not you should try cleaning the exterior glass with it twice then follow up with Aquawax the next day. My usual routine is clean the glass like normal the first time, then on the second application I let it haze up before removing. It takes a little bit of effort to remove the second pass but nothing terrible. Following up with Aquawax the next day will take care of any streaking should you have any. It's a pretty killer combo in my opinion.
    I really like that silky feeling, it is totally different than what I am use to. I guess if I had to compare it to something it would be UIGP as it gives that silky feeling also.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Gloss Auto Salon View Post
    Duragloss is the bomb, period

Ever since Al-53 introduced Richy and I to it I have not looked back and always have had duragloss line on my shelves!
    Then you turned me on to it which I again thank you for. Even though there are other (and too many) products on my shelves I always go back to one of the DG products for first choice.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

ive got three questions and a comment for you DG guys. First off, you have made we want to try this stuff with your great recommendations/reviews/comments. ive picked up the aquawax, but im waiting to do apolish/sealant with menzerna and WG Paint Sealant before i use it.

question 1;

are you apply by machine or hand?

question 2;

when you talk about combos (i think someone said 105/501 or 105/601) are you guys mixing these product together for a one step or applying one first then the other?

question 3;

is the 501 you guys are referencing the marine and rv polish? that is the only 501 i can find and was wondering if that is what you are using on clearcoat finishes, or just on fibreglass like vettes?

thanks
    I am the heir to the primo spaghetti sauce fortune

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by primo spaghetti View Post
    ive got three questions and a comment for you DG guys. First off, you have made we want to try this stuff with your great recommendations/reviews/comments. ive picked up the aquawax, but im waiting to do apolish/sealant with menzerna and WG Paint Sealant before i use it.

question 1;

are you apply by machine or hand?

question 2;

when you talk about combos (i think someone said 105/501 or 105/601) are you guys mixing these product together for a one step or applying one first then the other?

question 3;

is the 501 you guys are referencing the marine and rv polish? that is the only 501 i can find and was wondering if that is what you are using on clearcoat finishes, or just on fibreglass like vettes?

thanks
    1. By Hand
    2. 601/105 I do seperately. I tried mixing once but it seemed to get thick to fast.
    3. Yes the 501 is is the RV polish and is used for it's cleaning ability and UV protection plus some like the finish it gives.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

thanks Dave. is hand application the preferred method for the DG line?

i like to use my PC when i can.

Post Thanks / Like

No not the preferred that is just me. I have used the 501 with a rotary on the RV and it was so slick afterwards the 601/105 went on like butter so I saw no need for a machine. I believe Bobby G just applied DG 601/105 mixed and used a machine. It is really up to you and if you feel more comfortable with a machine go for it. You can also try mixed 601/105 4 to 1 (1 part 601). Some have also mixed 601/501 at the same ratio and used it first then the 601/105. My thickening problem may be it is just so da** hot in AZ. and may have kicked it off sooner.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

question 1;

are you apply by machine or hand? Either will work, but DG 501 Marine/RV Polish by machine will produce much better results.

question 2;

when you talk about combos (i think someone said 105/501 or 105/601) are you guys mixing these product together for a one step or applying one first then the other? You can mix them at a 1:4 ratio. Example: 1/2oz. DG 601 Polish Bonding Agent : 2oz. DG 105 or 501, shake well, use as soon as possible.

question 3;

is the 501 you guys are referencing the marine and rv polish? that is the only 501 i can find and was wondering if that is what you are using on clearcoat finishes, or just on fibreglass like vettes? DG 501 will work on and is safe for clearcoat or gelcoat. Be advised that it will remove any existing protection you have. This product really accels on white due to the deep cleaning action of the chemical cleaners and nano abrasives, and will make any metallic paint really dance in the sunlight. One additional thing to take note of, as you work DG products into the paint you will notice that they sometimes "disappear".

thanks

You can do it by hand or machine, but if you're wanting to deep clean with DG 501 Marine/RV Polish you will have better success by machine. Way less work. You will find answers to your first set of questions in bold red font above.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys for all the input. i guess ill have to hook myself up sooner than later.

id like to try it on my black Ram and a salsa red highlander, so i hope it is a s good on dark colours.

how do you like it on newer BMW paint? i have a car of my friends i do, which has a very strange beige/grey/green paint that the Klasse didnt really do anything for...the AIO still left swirls that needed correction and the sg worked good (slick as sh*%, but didnt really enhance the colour). it has little to no flake in the paint, and didnt get any depth or richness with the klasse. maybe the DG would work on this too?

Post Thanks / Like

Primo, you spoke about Klasse leaving swirls after using it, I assume your talking about KAIO? If so, its not abrasive at all, so its never to be used for paint correction, just cleaning or a quick coat to "tie you over" or right before you apply KSG.

I'm going to be picking up DG's rinseless wash when I'm out of my DP gallon, has anyone here used it and how is it?
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the tip on Klasse, Klasse Act. I was definately talking about the KAIO and that would fully explain why there were still some swirls. i thought for sure it might have some minor correction to it, but all it seemed to do was dirty my pad (im assuming clean the old lsp off) and reveal a few deep swirls i would have liked to hit with the WG had i not known it would really touch them.

im doing his car again before winter so i cant wait to see the DG at work.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast