autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DuraGloss #111 clearcoat polish....thoughts

I tried them all over the years and have settled on Duragloss products almost exclusively. They are easy to apply, reasonably priced and they work. I recently purchased a Mercedes ML350 with the optional "Diamond" White paint. The paint is perfect and when I contacted Duragloss as to how best to maintain it they said after prep all I needed to do was use 601/111. I did not have 111 on hand and used 105 instead and it looks terrific. I will try 111 next time but I can't see it getting any better or easier than this! I doubt I will ever need 501 or any other kind of abrasive polish. I am pretty sure all I have to do is every few months put a couple coats of 111 or 105 and top with AquaWax once in a while and I'm good to go.

The Duragloss Fast Clean and Shine is a great detailer and can be used even as a waterless wash in a pinch although I still prefer PoorBoys Spray and Wipe for this. Their new rinseless car wash with AquaWax is as good if not better than ONR. I also use their Bug Remover, Tire Shine and the Nu-glass and Rain Repel for windshield and glass care. Everything works perfectly. However, I'm probably going to retire Rain Repel because a coat of AquaWax on the glass works at least as well.

It may be boring and I may be limiting myself by sticking with one brand but it also makes everything so much simpler. You learn how to best use the products and how they react to certain techniques and that all leads to a better overall job. And the questions of what goes well with what, what is compatible and not compatible among products, what will bond with this or that, etc. become non-issues. Boring or not, there is a lot to be said for that kind of compatibility and assurance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    ...ya, it's any product that comes out of area 51.....
    I just knew it!!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shortspark View Post
    I tried them all over the years and have settled on Duragloss products almost exclusively. They are easy to apply, reasonably priced and they work. I recently purchased a Mercedes ML350 with the optional "Diamond" White paint. The paint is perfect and when I contacted Duragloss as to how best to maintain it they said after prep all I needed to do was use 601/111. I did not have 111 on hand and used 105 instead and it looks terrific. I will try 111 next time but I can't see it getting any better or easier than this! I doubt I will ever need 501 or any other kind of abrasive polish. I am pretty sure all I have to do is every few months put a couple coats of 111 or 105 and top with AquaWax once in a while and I'm good to go.

The Duragloss Fast Clean and Shine is a great detailer and can be used even as a waterless wash in a pinch although I still prefer PoorBoys Spray and Wipe for this. Their new rinseless car wash with AquaWax is as good if not better than ONR. I also use their Bug Remover, Tire Shine and the Nu-glass and Rain Repel for windshield and glass care. Everything works perfectly. However, I'm probably going to retire Rain Repel because a coat of AquaWax on the glass works at least as well.

It may be boring and I may be limiting myself by sticking with one brand but it also makes everything so much simpler. You learn how to best use the products and how they react to certain techniques and that all leads to a better overall job. And the questions of what goes well with what, what is compatible and not compatible among products, what will bond with this or that, etc. become non-issues. Boring or not, there is a lot to be said for that kind of compatibility and assurance.
    It's great that you are using and enjoying 105 and the others. You are wrong about 501 being an abrasive cleaner. You make it sound like you'd be using Power Gloss or something. 501 is a cleaner. It magnifies white metallics something amazing.
    Trust me on this, I wouldn't steer you wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay Richy, I know you are pretty much an expert on Duragloss and I'll give the 501 a try. I have heard lots of good things about it here at this forum and elsewhere. I suppose there is no paint on earth, no matter how good or maintained it is, that will be totally clean even after claying and the 501 should help in this regard. I have used Klasse All in One in conjunction with Klasse Sealant Glaze for years, until I went with Duragloss. Should I consider the 501 to be the same step as the Klasse AIO?

Post Thanks / Like

It's great that you are using and enjoying 105 and the others. You are wrong about 501 being an abrasive cleaner. You make it sound like you'd be using Power Gloss or something. 501 is a cleaner. It magnifies white metallics something amazing.
    I think 501 is abrasive it mars my red vette but 111 and 105 are awsome!

Post Thanks / Like

In my discussions with DG, they say 501 has diminishing abrasives.
    Doug
    2008 Audi A6 S-line

Post Thanks / Like

I read this all but am still confused. Seems like great products but it is all very confusing.

Post Thanks / Like

501 has some mild abrasives in it. It's a better choice then 105 or 111 if you have some minor swirls.
    DG #501 applied with a Dewalt 849X and an Meguiars Soft Buff 6.5 Polishing Pad:

Best Regards,
    Scott Muscle Car Detailing - Mod and Shine
    Detailing supplies aren't cheap, but they're a lot cheaper then therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lkotsios View Post
    I think 501 is abrasive it mars my red vette but 111 and 105 are awsome!
    What are you using when you get marring? I am not doubting you at all, just want to know. In my experience with any product, the wrong applicator can cause marring.

Quote Originally Posted by ShineTimeDetail View Post
    I read this all but am still confused. Seems like great products but it is all very confusing.
    What do you need clarified?
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE

What do you need clarified?[/QUOTE]

Combos and what each product does. Seems a lot of people have different thoughts. also I thought the 105 was like a AI1?

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast