autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow HOW DO I MAKE THIS WORK & Eventual Product Review! (Pressure Washer/Foam Cannon)

Gentlemen... who will help me solve the riddle of the AR Blue 383 1900psi Pressure Washer + Professional Foam Lance Adjustable Foam Cannon so I can throw up a good old fashioned review?

Before I get started with the awesome teeth-grinding conundrum, allow me to offer up the basics...

I'm just trying to get these two contraptions to play nice, the problem is that it's a little hard to figure out connecting the spray-gun that came with the pressure washer to a wand, and then finally to the Foam Cannon so I can just use the trigger to operate the foam spray.

1. Here's the pressure washer: AR Blue Clean Electric Pressure Washer — 1.63 GPM, 1900 PSI, Model# AR383 | Electric-Cold Water | Northern Tool + Equipment
    2. Here's the foam cannon: Amazon.com: Professional Foam Lance Adjustable with 32 oz. Bottle: Patio, Lawn & Garden
    3. Here's what I THINK will solve the problem: AR PW3300 - Blue Clean 20" Aluminum Fixed & Swivel Extensions For Brushes & Patio Cleaners

I spoke with Nick from customer service about the differences between the Auto Geek foam cannon and this foam cannon from Amazon, and he said they appeared pretty similar, so I went with the Amazon version. Still waiting to try it out, as soon as I get this figured out - then comes the review goodness.

Here's a few pictures of what I'm working with fellas...

Could this be the solution?

I already had to buy a new hose, and a few fittings from Home Depot (Here's the other adapters and couples made for the pressure washer if I need them AR Pressure Washer Adaptors @ Pressure Washers Direct.com - AR Hose Adaptors, AR Pressure Washer Hose Adaptor, AR Pressure Washer Adaptors, AR Hose Adaptor, AR Pressure Washer Hose Adaptors, AR Pressure Washer Adaptor, AR Pressure Washer Adapter, AR ). So what's the word - can it be done? THANKS GUYS, as soon as we get it all hooked up, I'll do a review and let everyone know how it works I'll be using DP Xtreme Foam Formula.
    "Don't Drive Dull!"
    Carsmetic Rehabilitation Detailologist: Aesthetic Actualization

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HOW DO I MAKE THIS WORK & Eventual Product Review! (Pressure Washer/Foam Cannon)

I have installed quick release fittings on all my pressure washers, hoses, and accessories.

Some of the fittings I had to make. I didn't want to have that six inch long stack of adapters like you show in one of your pictures. I had to drill and tap several of the fittings, plus one I had to braze up. Then re-drill and tap to get the size I wanted.

It took me several month to acquire all the adapters and bits but finally got them all done. Now every part attaches to every other part.

Too bad ALL the manufacturers don't standardize all their attachments.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HOW DO I MAKE THIS WORK & Eventual Product Review! (Pressure Washer/Foam Cannon)

Quote Originally Posted by oldmodman View Post

It took me several month to acquire all the adapters and bits but finally got them all done. Now every part attaches to every other part.

Too bad ALL the manufacturers don't standardize all their attachments.
    YEAH, what is THE DEAL with that!? Ugh... I am so annoyed. I have no idea what to do.

130+ views, one reply, haha
    "Don't Drive Dull!"

Post Thanks / Like

Bump... the MTM Hydro is beckoning to be used.
    "Don't Drive Dull!"

Post Thanks / Like

Can you throw up a pic of your trigger/gun assembly for the pressure washer? Would be handy to see the action end where a lance, etc would normally connect... Don't think that wand is your answer.

To me it seems the gun uses a Karcher style (may not be identical) where the foam cannon is using a quick-connect Nitto style fitting.
    Maybe there is an adaptor to suit your gun that will change it from Karcher style (or whatever it is) to a female Nitto connector?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by neat e34 View Post
    Can you throw up a pic of your trigger/gun assembly for the pressure washer? Would be handy to see the action end where a lance, etc would normally connect... Don't think that wand is your answer.

To me it seems the gun uses a Karcher style (may not be identical) where the foam cannon is using a quick-connect Nitto style fitting.
    Maybe there is an adaptor to suit your gun that will change it from Karcher style (or whatever it is) to a female Nitto connector?
    Sure! I'll snap some up-close pics asap... here's a post someone just offered up, going to read over it in more detail: MTM Hydro Foamer Mini Review
    "Don't Drive Dull!"

Post Thanks / Like

i have the same pw, and would like to get the same foam gun. interested to see how you get it working.
    2009 Subaru WRX - Lightening Red

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic_Detailing View Post
    Sure! I'll snap some up-close pics asap... here's a post someone just offered up, going to read over it in more detail: MTM Hydro Foamer Mini Review
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowpr View Post
    i have the same pw, and would like to get the same foam gun. interested to see how you get it working.
    I'm working on it obsessively, haha, I'm even going BACK to Home Depot today... we'll get it going! I really like the AR Blue Clean Model 383 Pressure Washer, so I really want to get this to work.

Don't forget to check this thread out I'm also a part of, there's a REALLY helpful guy in there who made this work with a Karcher, something else the owner/manager "Bill" claimed "couldn't be done" over on Power Washer's Direct website, SO WE'LL MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Here is that other thread link to make it easy for you: MTM Hydro Foamer Mini Review
    "Don't Drive Dull!"

Post Thanks / Like

Have 383 myself and here is what you need.

Up until recently Home Depot had it in stock but now it's not listed on the Web Site. You might be able to find it locally.

PowerCare Quick Connect Wand with adapters.

PowerCare Quick Connect Wand with Adapters for Pressure Washers AP31021 | eBay

The included adapters will not fit the AR383 so you will need to order an adaptor.

AR Blue Clean Bayonet Adapter

A.R NorthAmerica :: Product Details

The adapter is also included in the brush kit sold at most local ACE Hardware stores but I ordered the adapter from AR direct.

Now you will be able to use any 1/4 inch quick connect device!

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by stibuki; 06-09-2012 at 06:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: HOW DO I MAKE THIS WORK & Eventual Product Review! (Pressure Washer/Foam Cannon)

Quote Originally Posted by stibuki View Post
    Have 383 myself and here is what you need.

Up until recently Home Depot had it in stock but now it's not listed on the Web Site. You might be able to find it locally.

PowerCare Quick Connect Wand with adapters.

PowerCare Quick Connect Wand with Adapters for Pressure Washers AP31021 | eBay

The included adapters will not fit the AR383 so you will need to order an adaptor.

AR Blue Clean Bayonet Adapter

A.R NorthAmerica :: Product Details

The adapter is also included in the brush kit sold at most local ACE Hardware stores but I ordered the adapter from AR direct.

Now you will be able to use any 1/4 inch quick connect device!

Hope this helps.
    THANK YOU! I am so excited to try this out.

Can you please explain to me the order of assembly for these pieces, and how they hook into each other, as well as possibly snapping a picture with your cell phone of your completed assembly and uploading it to your post?

I am extremely thankful for your help, I just can't envision how all these parts fit together. Worse case scenario however, I'll order everything online and have to wait 4-5 business days for the parts to come in the mail - because you're saying once I order the two kits/parts you linked above, my AR Blue 383 Pressure Washer will then work DIRECTLY with the MTM Hydro Foam Cannon instantly (or do I need to order some type of third part not mentioned to make it all happen)?
    "Don't Drive Dull!"

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast