autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HOW DO I MAKE THIS WORK & Eventual Product Review! (Pressure Washer/Foam Cannon)

Sorry to hear after all that work. Keep us updated on what power washer you buy.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HOW DO I MAKE THIS WORK & Eventual Product Review! (Pressure Washer/Foam Cannon)

Sorry for bringing back an old thread, but I am about to buy an electric pressure washer, foamer, etc and it seems the AR 383 is a good unit for most people. If it just takes 2 adaptors to work, it seems like a good find (after all the work you went through for us ) What I want to know is, what are you using now and what would you recommend for a first time user. I don't need gas powered. Thank you for your response.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to pop in and leave a quick update:

After months of using the AR Blue Clean 383 (I might be getting the model wrong, 383?) I am neither disappointed or overly impressed.

One thing I will say is that the product failure that happened was, eventually, remedied and replaced under warranty by AR after I submitted scans of my receipt and explained in great detail the problems I was having with the unit.

If I had it to do again, I would look elsewhere... I think it's extremely aggravating for a company in any industry to rely on proprietary equipment so they force their customers into purchasing from them over and over and over - had I known that, I would have gone through great lengths to avoid this company. Rather than having an issue arise, and simply going to any Home Depot etc to buy a new part/hose/wand, I HAVE to go back to the same company that caused all the issues in the first place.

Live and learn I suppose, it was under $200 at the end of the day - so I'm not expecting a Rolls Royce here, but come on... I felt like I was trying to develop the new rocket propulsion system for NASA when I just wanted to attach a foam gun to this unit. Unreal.
    "Don't Drive Dull!"
    Carsmetic Rehabilitation Detailologist: Aesthetic Actualization

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Need to know how to connect my MTM Hydro to the gun instead of the wand. What connection do I need?

Post Thanks / Like

AR currently sells a foam cannon that resembles the mtm hydro. It looks like it's ready to go for fitment in AR pressure washer guns.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Re: HOW DO I MAKE THIS WORK & Eventual Product Review! (Pressure Washer/Foam Cannon)

Hi everyone!

I haven't posted here since April of this year (2013) because there hasn't been a lot of activity - BUT I wanted to stop by and share something with everyone.

1. Please, do yourself a favor, and unless you're buying one of their $600+ models, STAY AWAY from AR North America - their machines are plastic shells with interior mechanics to match. Now, I KNOW $1-200 machines aren't meant to last a decade, and you get what you pay for... but that is ZERO excuse for their quality and customer service, NONE! Add to that the "proprietary" fittings and nozzles etc that come with their 383 model, and it causes so much of a headache, you'll be WANTING to spend more on something else with industry standard fittings, quick-connects, and that doesn't prime itself non-stop and leak EVERYWHERE.

2. I spoke with the internet sales guy at AR a few times last month, and he agreed after hearing my endless troubles to send me the AR390 (one step up, with some brass threaded fittings and a normal trigger wand). That machine just came this week because it was on backorder for about 3 weeks - and from the very first use it leaked (and I mean LEAKED), even after tightening it to the point I thought it would break the plastic housing. Then, the machine turned itself off, on/off on/off on/off several times in a row, until it magically "fixed" itself and turned back on. Also, the salesman up-sold me on 50' of hose, so I don't have to move the machine around the vehicle, which is nice... except, TWO 25' hoses came rather than a single 50' hose... and the water pressure was already low at 1,800psi, became EVEN LOWER. PLUS, the "upgrade" from the 383 to the 290 was $30 he told me... seems fine, the machine is about $20-30 more online and at retail stores, so whatever... BUT WHEN MY CREDIT CARD WAS CHARGED THERE WAS A $50 SHIPPING FEE ON IT! Fifty... dollars... for... shipping - THAT WAS NOT DISCLOSED OR EVEN MENTIONED TO ME on the phone (and we had a long phone call)! Un-freaking-believable.

All in all - from beginning to finish - I will never ever buy from AR again, period.
    "Don't Drive Dull!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic_Detailing View Post
    Hi everyone!

I haven't posted here since April of this year (2013) because there hasn't been a lot of activity - BUT I wanted to stop by and share something with everyone.

1. Please, do yourself a favor, and unless you're buying one of their $600+ models, STAY AWAY from AR North America - their machines are plastic shells with interior mechanics to match. Now, I KNOW $1-200 machines aren't meant to last a decade, and you get what you pay for... but that is ZERO excuse for their quality and customer service, NONE! Add to that the "proprietary" fittings and nozzles etc that come with their 383 model, and it causes so much of a headache, you'll be WANTING to spend more on something else with industry standard fittings, quick-connects, and that doesn't prime itself non-stop and leak EVERYWHERE.

2. I spoke with the internet sales guy at AR a few times last month, and he agreed after hearing my endless troubles to send me the AR390 (one step up, with some brass threaded fittings and a normal trigger wand). That machine just came this week because it was on backorder for about 3 weeks - and from the very first use it leaked (and I mean LEAKED), even after tightening it to the point I thought it would break the plastic housing. Then, the machine turned itself off, on/off on/off on/off several times in a row, until it magically "fixed" itself and turned back on. Also, the salesman up-sold me on 50' of hose, so I don't have to move the machine around the vehicle, which is nice... except, TWO 25' hoses came rather than a single 50' hose... and the water pressure was already low at 1,800psi, became EVEN LOWER. PLUS, the "upgrade" from the 383 to the 290 was $30 he told me... seems fine, the machine is about $20-30 more online and at retail stores, so whatever... BUT WHEN MY CREDIT CARD WAS CHARGED THERE WAS A $50 SHIPPING FEE ON IT! Fifty... dollars... for... shipping - THAT WAS NOT DISCLOSED OR EVEN MENTIONED TO ME on the phone (and we had a long phone call)! Un-freaking-believable.

All in all - from beginning to finish - I will never ever buy from AR again, period.
    Thanks for the update. I purchased an AR240 off amazon last week. When I got the gun and realized it didnt fit I began researching. I eventually ran into your thread and after an hour and a half of researching I returned it the very next day. For anyone else looking, go to lowes and get the greenworks 1700psi. It fits the MTM hydro out of the box. I've been very satisfied with it as well. I'm very sorry to hear about the head ache you're going through. Crazy that some companies treat their customers like this and have the balls to sell such a bad product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mastercraft241 View Post
    Thanks for the update. I purchased an AR240 off amazon last week. When I got the gun and realized it didnt fit I began researching. I eventually ran into your thread and after an hour and a half of researching I returned it the very next day. For anyone else looking, go to lowes and get the greenworks 1700psi. It fits the MTM hydro out of the box. I've been very satisfied with it as well. I'm very sorry to hear about the head ache you're going through. Crazy that some companies treat their customers like this and have the balls to sell such a bad product.
    THE PLEASURE IS ALL MINE - I actually hate putting negative customer stories out there, but it's something that I truly feel needs done in situations like this where it's FAR MORE than acceptable. You're very wise to have returned it, and Amazon has some great return and service policies, so if you marked down the machine was defective, they should have even paid to ship it back!

Thanks again for your participation in the thread!
    "Don't Drive Dull!"

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic_Detailing View Post
    2. I spoke with the internet sales guy at AR a few times last month, and he agreed after hearing my endless troubles to send me the AR390
    So let me get this straight...

...you complain about "proprietary" connections even though you should have already known about them if you just looked at the product.

... you complain about the leaky hose connection that YOU broke, but if you had actually spent 2 minutes to research a product prior to purchasing, you'd see that EVERYONE ordered these pressure washers AND a brass hose coupler to avoid this problem.

... you complain about the 50' hose not being a single hose, but if you had looked at available accessories or perhaps asked the salesman, you would have known that they don't make a 50' hose and you were being sold an additional section.

... you complain about having to pay for shipping after you got special treatment where they allowed you to "upgrade" to a different model due to your complaining, after they already paid to ship the pressure washer that you broke back to them. So you're expecting them to lose money due to your screw ups?

And finally... after all they did to try to make a self entitled, narcissistic, little brat like you happy by returning, replacing, upgrading, and without any doubt LOSING a lot of money in an attempt to make you feel the love like your parents never showed you.... you have the nerve to actually then post a long rant, telling everyone to never buy their products.

WHAT AN A$$HOLE...

And considering how doing business with you actually cost them money, I'm sure they're very happy you wont be buying their products anymore. I'd love for them to sue you for libel.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mastercraft241 View Post

So wait... lemme get this straight. It's AR's fault for you not checking to make sure the foam gun would fit? Attachments differ between brands and between gas and electric models.If you didn't know that, that's your fault.

Just like the other guy... you blame your own ignorance on anyone and anything but yourself. lol.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast