autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Turtle Wax Premium Tire Gel Review

Well I can see why AG does not carry this. I got it for 3 dollars from a local store. First off its messy, it comes with a applicator in the top which I don’t really like and I bet it gets really sticky after a few uses. And the way its stored is sits right on the top of the can and the top will get all sticky. The looks are good but I don’t think it will last very long. It goes on easy and fills in all the cracks. When you dip it into the can you get a lot of extra on the pad and you have to wait for it to drain off into the can. And if you wipe it off it gets on the sides and then all over your hands.

I would give it a 5 out of 10 it's just your run of the mill tire dressing it may last longer then some but its messy. But for 3 dollars it may be worth it.

Ryan

Post Thanks / Like
    I also got it for $3 at Big Lot's

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was a good price to just try it out

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't care for it, it's messy and greasy feeling. Now Armor All Extreme Gel on the other hand rocks, applies more like a waterbased product like Bold and Bright and is so easy to use on my suv's A/T tires. Other gels have a greasy or thick consistancy that get's stuck in grooves or my raised letters and causes clumping with dirt or sling, never happens with AA. AA last a long time as well even with rain. My tires haven't been done in a month and though the gloss isn't there from a bunch of rain we had a couple weeks ago, still have a nice black matte/satin finish. Secret to any gel is to really clean the tire, gives a good base and allows some product to absorb into the tire.

One product I really want to try though is TOL's Grape Tire Dressing, have yet to see a bad review on it or their tire cleaner. Wish AG carried the line, they carried the Pinnacle line there but something happened as if you go there now the Pinnacle line is being discontinued and only has a couple items left.
    Last edited by Surfer; 03-27-2007 at 07:50 PM.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    i bought up all the spray platinum and gel platinum from Big Lots about 3 weeks ago. The product isn't really that bad. I been pushing 2 weeks now with the platinum gel on my 33" truck tires with no sling. I just thought I would chime in. I give the product a 7 out of 10.

Post Thanks / Like
    It was really greesy, i wonder how it will work on the trim

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke33

Well I can see why AG does not carry this. I got it for 3 dollars from a local store. First off its messy, it comes with a applicator in the top which I don’t really like and I bet it gets really sticky after a few uses. And the way its stored is sits right on the top of the can and the top will get all sticky. The looks are good but I don’t think it will last very long. It goes on easy and fills in all the cracks. When you dip it into the can you get a lot of extra on the pad and you have to wait for it to drain off into the can. And if you wipe it off it gets on the sides and then all over your hands.

I would give it a 5 out of 10 it's just your run of the mill tire dressing it may last longer then some but its messy. But for 3 dollars it may be worth it.

Ryan
    Sounds like an average OTC product.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    my recommendation is to go with 303 protectant...it works on just about anything on the car that isn't painted....engine bay...tires...wheel wells...dash...convertible tops...trim...no need to have six different products....

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea i have some 303 and trim restorer and all that good stuff just wanted to try it out

Post Thanks / Like
    OK i went out today, and it was really gressey and it picked up all the salt and sand on the road thumbs way down

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast