autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Steam cleaner or Carpet Cleaner?

Hello forum,

I am looking into purchasing either a steam cleaner or carpet cleaner to help detail. I was hoping the forum could give me some suggestions of which would be best for me. I am looking for a good tool just to help me out and speed up the process a little. However, i am just a weekend warrior and detail mine and friends care. No business here.
    In my opinion, the steam cleaner works pretty good on the whole interior but not great on deep cleaning carpet. While the carpet cleaner would drastically immprove my carpet cleaning. Finally i am only going to spend about 150 bucks on either. So far i have looked at a few steamers and carpet cleaners like the bissel spot cleaning thing.
    So if you have any suggestions or anything please post. I appreciate it

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Steam cleaner or Carpet Cleaner?

Your price cap is too cheap to get any type of steamer or good carpet cleaner that will produce any better results than elbow grease and a shop-vac.

You might look into the Tornador. I've never used one but they look like a great all-in-one interior tool.

Autogeek Z-010 Tornador Car Cleaning Gun Free Bonus
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    Your price cap is too cheap to get any type of steamer or good carpet cleaner that will produce any better results than elbow grease and a shop-vac.

You might look into the Tornador. I've never used one but they look like a great all-in-one interior tool.

Autogeek Z-010 Tornador Car Cleaning Gun Free Bonus
    The problem is now he has to buy a compressor.

Post Thanks / Like

At that price point, your best bet is to get the Bissell Little Green Machine.
    OR! Work a few more regular jobs, nothing super hard, save the money and get a good sized steamer.
    Kyle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugdug View Post
    Anyways, a customer with a hummer asked me if there was a surcharge for his hummer. I said yes, it's an SUV. He said quote "well it's an H3, so it's not really an suv".......

Post Thanks / Like

I just got a bissell upright with detachable upholstery cleaner and works awesome and i can always bring it home and use it on the carpets, howevee it was $239 !

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to have a Tornado but i have calculated the cost of it and an air compressor that could run it and i would put me close to 400 dollars. Also i have looked up some vids of the bissel portable and it does an excellent job for the price. No its not comparable to an actual extractor but works good. It seems like a steamer in the 150 dollar range is a respectable steamer. I have used a thirty dollar one on tough stains before and it got the job done so a 150 dollar one should be a pretty large improvement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SheldonH View Post
    I would love to have a Tornado but i have calculated the cost of it and an air compressor that could run it and i would put me close to 400 dollars. Also i have looked up some vids of the bissel portable and it does an excellent job for the price. No its not comparable to an actual extractor but works good. It seems like a steamer in the 150 dollar range is a respectable steamer. I have used a thirty dollar one on tough stains before and it got the job done so a 150 dollar one should be a pretty large improvement.
    True, the Tornador plus compressor would run you at least $400. The Bissell Little Green is a fairly good machine for the price. No, is it not in the same class as a Mitee Lite but a good little machine. The biggest problem with the lower priced steamers is they produce a wet steam whereas the higher priced steamers are vapor steamers and much drier. This is not a huge deal for stains on carpet or seats but you will have longer drying time. My first steamer was a Shark and it does a decent job. It is light, heats up fast and is a handy tool. Will it do what my Dupray will do? Of course not. In your budget, you could get two tools made for home use rather than commercial and save some time on your details. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert8194 View Post
    True, the Tornador plus compressor would run you at least $400. The Bissell Little Green is a fairly good machine for the price. No, is it not in the same class as a Mitee Lite but a good little machine. The biggest problem with the lower priced steamers is they produce a wet steam whereas the higher priced steamers are vapor steamers and much drier. This is not a huge deal for stains on carpet or seats but you will have longer drying time. My first steamer was a Shark and it does a decent job. It is light, heats up fast and is a handy tool. Will it do what my Dupray will do? Of course not. In your budget, you could get two tools made for home use rather than commercial and save some time on your details. Good luck.
    Since you have had both, if you had to pick a 150 steamer or a 150 carpet cleaner such as the Bissel one which would you go with for the best results/overall best product to help with the interior?

Post Thanks / Like

a steamer would be more versatile I would think, however I still need to acquire both

Post Thanks / Like

If you check out this title in the show and shine
    98 Neon Interior/Headlights "TRASHED"
    I did that with a little green machine and a tornador. For whats its worth I didn't use the tornador for the carpets. The key is prep before using the green machine. HTH

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast