autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Need Advice - 2012 Corvette Detail and Prep For Clear Bra

I just bought a 2012 Corvette Grand Sport Centennial Edition coupe and need some advice about the carbon flash metallic paint and the interior?

First off, I need to prep it for clear bra install as well as detail the rest of the car, but I have some questions.

1. After washing and claying, I was planning on jewelling the paint. I have a PC that I will use, but what pad and polish should I use?

2. Can I or should I clay the factory matte black stripes?

3. The parts that are not being covered with the clear bra, I will be using Zaino Z2 and Z5. Should I use it on the stripes as well?

4. Would I benefit from topping with a carnauba?

5. I assume the wheels are clear coated, but not sure. What would be a good and safe cleaner to use?

6. How do I take care of the suede parts of the interior?

7. Can I use the 303 high tech fabric guard on the carpets? What's the best way to apply?

8. Are cans of compressed air safe to dust the dash without the occasional freezing liquid damaging anything?

Sorry for all of the questions, I just want to make sure I do everything the right way.

Thanks in advance,

Kyle

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need Advice - 2012 Corvette Detail and Prep For Clear Bra

Kyle, I dont understand why you dont use Ibiz, It is the official wax of the corvette club of america, I have used in on other vehicles and it works great
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

I've never heard of it. Are you saying use it on top of Zaino?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Webster View Post
    I just bought a 2012 Corvette Grand Sport Centennial Edition coupe and need some advice about the carbon flash metallic paint and the interior?

First off, I need to prep it for clear bra install as well as detail the rest of the car, but I have some questions.

1. After washing and claying, I was planning on jewelling the paint. I have a PC that I will use, but what pad and polish should I use?

3. The parts that are not being covered with the clear bra, I will be using Zaino Z2 and Z5. Should I use it on the stripes as well?

5. I assume the wheels are clear coated, but not sure. What would be a good and safe cleaner to use?

7. Can I use the 303 high tech fabric guard on the carpets? What's the best way to apply?

8. Are cans of compressed air safe to dust the dash without the occasional freezing liquid damaging anything?

Sorry for all of the questions, I just want to make sure I do everything the right way.

Thanks in advance,

Kyle

I will not be able to answer everything, but here is what I can
    #5. I would try your ph neutral car shampoo first if that is not strong enough I would try P21s gel wheel cleaner or Sonax full effect wheel cleaner both are very good and ph neutral as well.

#6. There is a product from Swissvax that is for suede/ alacantara( imitation suede) you will need to blot clean it as suede is very delicate .

#7. Yes you can use it on carpet, just spray evenly about 6-8" away from surface, but a word of caution: cover all surfaces near the carpet to protect them from overspray, after treating park the car in the shade with the windows down to let the car dry without trapping the smell inside the car, plus it cuts down on the drying time.

Hope this help,good luck

Post Thanks / Like

I use compressed air cans extensively (I build my own computers and use them to dust every month)

Trick is to never shake and only spray right side up with short bursts of air. Should eliminate any of the liquid from being expelled.

Post Thanks / Like

I use what they use for delivery a the Corvette museum which is Cmagic great product and easy to use.

Post Thanks / Like

I have red and black/gray ccs pads. Which one would be best for jewelling?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post
    Kyle, I dont understand why you dont use Ibiz, It is the official wax of the corvette club of america, I have used in on other vehicles and it works great
    Dude, are you being paid by ibiz? Every post of yours mentions this as some miracle product. If it is so good, why does AG not carry it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Webster View Post

Thanks in advance,

Kyle
    1) Speed 4 Black pad Menzerna 85rd

2) I wouldn't unless they really need it. Use a mild claybar if so (fresh bar)

3) I've never used either of those, but generaly it is best to leave matte paint alone if you can help it

4) Wouldn't hurt

5) Soap and water is the safest thing to use. Make sure the wheels are cool to the touch before cleaning

6) Wipe it down with a damp rag occasionally and don't let anyone ride in it with those dark colored blue jeans

7) Yes! Vacume then spray liberaly

8) I wouldn't chance it. I doubt your car will be getting that dirty anyway

Hope some of this was useful
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    1) Speed 4 Black pad Menzerna 85rd

2) I wouldn't unless they really need it. Use a mild claybar if so (fresh bar)

3) I've never used either of those, but generaly it is best to leave matte paint alone if you can help it

4) Wouldn't hurt

5) Soap and water is the safest thing to use. Make sure the wheels are cool to the touch before cleaning

6) Wipe it down with a damp rag occasionally and don't let anyone ride in it with those dark colored blue jeans

7) Yes! Vacume then spray liberaly

8) I wouldn't chance it. I doubt your car will be getting that dirty anyway

Hope some of this was useful
    The stripes aren't paint, they are matte vinyl. I'm just afraid of them not being protected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast