autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Touchless washes

Is there anything that will hold up to a touchless wash over time other than the permanent coatings?

Has anyone measured how many washes a normal sealant like WGDGPS can take going through a touchless wash? Maybe someone with one of those monthly passes can try it?

I was having a laughable debate with someone on another forum that swears by zaino. Does it twice a year with touchless washes in between and is so happy.

I told him that he was probably driving around with nothing on his car for about 6 months of the year and he got all offended like he knew Sal personally or something...

too funny
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Super Member ObsessiveAutoDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only products I can personally attest to holding up in a Michigan winter to a once a week touchless wash are Collinite 845 and UTTG on all exterior trim. I had to perform multiple stripping washes in April to get the 845 off. I have since Opti-Coated my KIA.... we'll see this winter...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    Josh Bachman
    Obsessive Auto & Marine Detail
    www.obsessiveautodetail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Touchless washes

I use a touchless wash on my truck in the winter months. It probably had 10+ touchless washes last winter. I had DG 105/601 on it with 2 coats of 845 and it was still beading and sheeting water this spring.
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like

I have WGDGPS on my car last winter, and it seemed to hold up pretty well. I boosted it with Deep Gloss Spritz Spray, so no idea how long it would hold up on its own.
    Detail Fest 2012 Face Book Page
    Club Flex 3401/PE14-2-150
    -Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ObsessiveAutoDetail View Post
    The only products I can personally attest to holding up in a Michigan winter to a once a week touchless wash are Collinite 845 and UTTG on all exterior trim. I had to perform multiple stripping washes in April to get the 845 off. I have since Opti-Coated my KIA.... we'll see this winter...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I also side with Collinite #845. It has been around for a long time and people use it to winter proof their vehicles. I have multiple coats of Collinite on my friends construction trucks. All I do is spray them down with DI/RO water and dry them with a leaf blower.
    Roland

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of variables there IMO as not all of them use the same chemicals and they will be mixed a different strengths depending on location. The ones I use during MN winters will show signs of degradation after just a few washes, thought that's not to say they are fully compromised.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Lots of variables there IMO as not all of them use the same chemicals and they will be mixed a different strengths depending on location. The ones I use during MN winters will show signs of degradation after just a few washes, thought that's not to say they are fully compromised.
    Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by embolism View Post
    Is there anything that will hold up to a touchless wash over time other than the permanent coatings?

Has anyone measured how many washes a normal sealant like WGDGPS can take going through a touchless wash? Maybe someone with one of those monthly passes can try it?

I was having a laughable debate with someone on another forum that swears by zaino. Does it twice a year with touchless washes in between and is so happy.

I told him that he was probably driving around with nothing on his car for about 6 months of the year and he got all offended like he knew Sal personally or something...

too funny
    For me, I applied DG 105 over 601 on our Regal in November and it held up against road salt and touchless car washes here. I didn't boost it with Aqua Wax until April I think. So if your friend applied Zaino twice and used touchless in between, believe it. You really want to offend your friend? Tell him his Zaino products are marked up Duragloss products (<--rumor) .
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Those of us who live up north call their Collinite waxes the Winter Wax.

You can get numerous washes, repels salt and all the SH** they put on the
    streets and road.

And It looks good also.
    Mike !!!
    Mid-Michigan
    Tri-Cities