autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber Detergent is it really necessary?

I've been using "All", the one with no perfumes or dyes, intended for "sensitive skin". It seems to be their competing product to Woolite. I dunno if it's the soap or what, but I feel like I'm noticing my fluffy MF's quickly start to get thinner and harder. Don't know why as it seems this detergent is exactly what one should use for MF's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some genius figured out that with the millions of MF towels being bought that if they could market s new fabulous MF detergent made especially for MF towels and market it like its a fabulous must have...they'd retire to the caribbean a little bit ahead of schedule.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

No not required.

It is just like a BMW is not required to get from point A to point B given a Ford Focus will do the same thing, You may do it faster and in style in one versus the other but in the end they can get the job done.

I do like microfiber detergents. I do not need to worry about additives in regular soap and they seem to clean as well and rinse easier but have not done some extensive comparison. It worked better than Woolite.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    No not required.

It is just like a BMW is not required to get from point A to point B given a Ford Focus will do the same thing, You may do it faster and in style in one versus the other but in the end they can get the job done.

I do like microfiber detergents. I do not need to worry about additives in regular soap and they seem to clean as well and rinse easier but have not done some extensive comparison. It worked better than Woolite.
    That reflects my experience. In addition to MicroRestore I've at various times used Tide Free & Gentle, BioKleen Free & Clear, Ecover Ultra and OxiClean Free to wash my MF towels. My sense is that MicroRestore leaves them softer and more absorbent but I have no way to quantify that and I'm a firm believer that humans are far more suggestible than they would like to believe.

I think Bunky/Al and several others like the new-ish BF MF wash better than MicroRestore so I'll have to give that a shot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MI Mike View Post
    I have found that any laundry detergent that is (he or regular) that is 'free/clear' along with the vinegar in the rinse cycle works just as good. I tried the mf detergent and found that in some cases it actually made the towel worse. Then tried the detergent/vinegar solution mention here and all is well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the BF MF soap. Catch it in bogo and its well worth it.

Sent from my bag phone in 1989

Post Thanks / Like

I spray mine with APC then wash in Woolite. I let them air dry and they seem ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KevA View Post
    I've been using "All", the one with no perfumes or dyes, intended for "sensitive skin". It seems to be their competing product to Woolite. I dunno if it's the soap or what, but I feel like I'm noticing my fluffy MF's quickly start to get thinner and harder. Don't know why as it seems this detergent is exactly what one should use for MF's.
    I know this thread is old but I think dedicated microfiber detergents are a lot better then the "free" soaps. Or at least use a mixture of the 2. Reason being is the microfiber detergents are designed specifically to break down wax, spray wax, sealant, ect ect and rinse clean. I think tide free and them are designed for more general cleaning of many different types of dirt and soil and may not rinse as clean.

I think the vinegar works but you only need to use it once in a good while. No need to use it every wash as its supposed to break down and release build up that takes time to actually "build up"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    Some genius figured out that with the millions of MF towels being bought that if they could market s new fabulous MF detergent made especially for MF towels and market it like its a fabulous must have...they'd retire to the caribbean a little bit ahead of schedule.
    Nah, Microfiber does get used for a specific purpose. I don't think there are to many people out there trying to get wax out of their good jeans and dresses.

Post Thanks / Like

Gallon of 3D Towel Clean on sale is inexpensive per wash and lasts a long time. I think the MF comes out better than with laundry detergent. Clean and fluffier imo

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast