autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone ever try Powersheen (for tires)?

I would say its not a scam. Its hard to estimate time based on a persons driving. You may be driving in rain, mud, etc so they say 2-4 months on their site. As it is now I am applying other products once a week. Even if it is once a month it sure cuts down on some work. Time will tell
    Ryan

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbabz71 View Post
    Here are some photos

1. Shot of powersheen treated tire (front)
    2. shot of tire after wiping down (towel with dirt shown)
    3. shot of untreated tire (rear)
    Very impressive. I think I'll order up some for myself and give it a shot. Thanks for posting your results and impressions.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbabz71 View Post

1. You have to clean the tires to remove any silicon from other products. Spray on and brush the powerclean tire cleaner. It is best if you can mask off the vehicle rim (otherwise be careful and if you get it on the rim you have to clean it off before it dries (had plenty of time). Also you only need to do this step for vehicles previously not treated or if a silicon product has been applied

(Order: Product, before any application, cleaner applied, finished product apply)
    Ryan,

Can you add any additional color with regard to your comment about being careful not to get the cleaner on your rims? Is the stuff that caustic?

I have a wheel cleaner (Eagle 1) which is very good at cleaning rims as well as tires. I'd plan on using that (and not the cleaner supplied with the product) to get the old tire spray off the tire as I'm not worried about getting it on my rims.

What's your opinion here?

Thanks,

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

The label states something about not letting the cleaner dry on the rim. The normal warning stuff like other products.
    Ryan

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I ordered some yesterday. One package of the cleaner and tire brite and a second container of the tire brite. Did it over the phone as I could not find a way to buy the extra tire brite off their web site. Product is supposed to have shipped today.

Look forward to giving it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

I joined their facebook site and it seems as if they have their shipping issues past them and they are shipping same or next day. Hopefully I am going to apply to my truck this weekend. So far it is holding up great on the 1 wheel on the Tahoe.
    Ryan

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

This is an old thread, but I thought the forum members could gain some insight by giving my experience with the product.

I purchased Power Sheen's Tire Bright system to avoid all of the same results - tire sling, greasy, staining etc. My first application was on used tires on my Porsche 944S. These tires (about a year old) have been dressed with Meguire's Endurance Tire Gel after every wash. Following the directions to the letter, I thoroughly cleaned each tire with the supplied tire cleaner, rinsed and repeated until the water ran off clear. After waiting until all of the tires were completely dry, I applied a coat of the tire shine with the applicator being careful not to get any product on the rims. Once dry, I applied a second coat and let everything dry overnight.

I drove the car to work (30 miles) the next morning. While walking away from the car, I noticed the tires didn't look as if they were newly dressed. Instead upon closer inspection, it seemed that the product was cracking which gave an overall opaque appearance. Some areas were fine, but other areas, especially the front tires were dull.

Two months later I purchased a full set of brand new tires for my Acura NSX-T. These tires have never had any product or dressing on them. Again I followed the instructions first using the tire cleaner and then applying the tire shine. I let the product dry overnight - it looks great after 1st applying BTW! I drove the car to work, and once again found the same cracking results.

I don't think that I misapplied the product as I got the same results on two separate cars.

If you are at a car show and have the car on display, I agree that they tires will look great. But from my experience, once the car is driven, the product comes up a little short for of my complete satisfaction.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone ever try Powersheen (for tires)?-2013-10-06-09-15-39-jpg   Anyone ever try Powersheen (for tires)?-2013-10-06-09-15-16-jpg  
    1996 Acura NSX-T
    2007 Acura TL Type S - Wife's Car
    1987 Porsche 944/S - Daily Driver

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

For what it is worth, I tried the product some time ago and was not happy with the outcome at all. I tossed the left over product and will not buy it again. Finish was not uniform, but very blotchy. I applied as per instructions as well.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mgiannetto View Post
    I'm looking at that product as well.

Have you used it yet? What are your impressions? How does it compare to other products you have used?

Please let us know.

Thanks,
    Bought a new set of tires and thought I'd try Power Sheen. Tires were not on the car when I used the product. Used the Tire Cleaner three times on each tire. Then I used the tires shine three time allowing each coat to dry before applying the next coat. When I was done the tires looked black and shiny. Was a couple of hours before I installed the tires on my '68 Road Runner. A couple hours after that I took the car for about a half hour ride. Looked at the tires when I got home and they looked like $hit! Totally gross. Was all cracked and looked kind of chalky. Would definitely NOT RECOMMEND this product.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone ever try Powersheen (for tires)?-power-sheen2-jpg   Anyone ever try Powersheen (for tires)?-power-sheen3-jpg   Anyone ever try Powersheen (for tires)?-power-sheen1-jpg  

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by w8n4ya View Post
    This is an old thread, but I thought the forum members could gain some insight by giving my experience with the product.

I purchased Power Sheen's Tire Bright system to avoid all of the same results - tire sling, greasy, staining etc. My first application was on used tires on my Porsche 944S. These tires (about a year old) have been dressed with Meguire's Endurance Tire Gel after every wash. Following the directions to the letter, I thoroughly cleaned each tire with the supplied tire cleaner, rinsed and repeated until the water ran off clear. After waiting until all of the tires were completely dry, I applied a coat of the tire shine with the applicator being careful not to get any product on the rims. Once dry, I applied a second coat and let everything dry overnight.

I drove the car to work (30 miles) the next morning. While walking away from the car, I noticed the tires didn't look as if they were newly dressed. Instead upon closer inspection, it seemed that the product was cracking which gave an overall opaque appearance. Some areas were fine, but other areas, especially the front tires were dull.

Two months later I purchased a full set of brand new tires for my Acura NSX-T. These tires have never had any product or dressing on them. Again I followed the instructions first using the tire cleaner and then applying the tire shine. I let the product dry overnight - it looks great after 1st applying BTW! I drove the car to work, and once again found the same cracking results.

I don't think that I misapplied the product as I got the same results on two separate cars.

If you are at a car show and have the car on display, I agree that they tires will look great. But from my experience, once the car is driven, the product comes up a little short for of my complete satisfaction.
    Totally agree. Would not recommend this product. Does just what you said it did.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123