autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Meg's Hyper vs. Silicone Free vs. Water Based dressings

I tried a search, but the forum isn't cooperating with my computer right now (can't view any posts), so hopefully this has not been covered.

I am putting together an order an was thinking of adding some different tire dressing to my arsenal (personal cars only) and a different technique. I have read good things about Meg's Hyper Dressing, but when I was on AG I noticed that they also have Silicone Free and Water Based, all in gallon sizes. Hyper was the most expensive, Water Based was the least, at 1/2 the price of Hyper (and roughly the same price as my 32 oz bottles of Opti-Bond Tire Gel and BnB).

What I am looking for (and this gets to the technique) is something water based, won't sling, and that I can cut/dilute. I am thinking of getting a small HVLP detail gun to apply dressing to my tires and wheel wells (among other projects). I would like something dilutable so I can have a higher gloss on the tires, but really cut it and be a more matte finish on the wheel wells (plus use less product but still get them black). I don't need the tires to be super glossy (but not opposed to it if it doesn't sling), I am fine with a matte sheen.

Longevity would be nice, preferably at least a week (with no rain) so I only have to re-apply on the weekends. I am sure that all of them will most likely wash off if it rains, and these would be for daily drivers.

Any experience with these 3 different dressings (and what is the difference really?) is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Neil

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meg's Hyper vs. Silicone Free vs. Water Based dressings

I can comment on the hyper dressing only. It can be diluted from 1:1 to 4:1 with water. 1:1 having the most gloss. So depending what look you like it can actually make from 2-5 gallons of product. It will give you about a week of durability and if allowed to sit for about 20 min, it will dry and not sling.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meg's Hyper vs. Silicone Free vs. Water Based dressings

Hyper Dressing raaaawks! But M40 is better ... Water Based Dressing really blows .. really
    I did two tires both scrubbed with APC and then dressed ... both got 5 sprays on the applicator and dressed and after 120 miles in 5 days M40 still looked fresh