autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toro Leaf Blower for Car Drying

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    No, I haven't tried the sidekick. I've been looking at the Metro Master blaster which I did get the chance to try at DF. The Metro MasterBlaster is Metro's most powerful blower/dryer at 8hp! Blow dry your motorcycle & your vehicle with this big blower.
    I'm waiting for it to go BOGO to split the price with Bunky

Currently I use my air compressor to do crevices, mirrors, tires, wheels. Then on the paint I use WW towels with either OID, FK425, AW, or OCW. Just started experimenting with the FK425...
    CEE DOG, Hmmm... FK425?

I used to dry with a synthetic chamois and a particular vendors ID that was compatible with their wax. I still love their wax but there are better IDs.

I started using OID earlier this year with wonderful success (slick, shiny and bright on a white surface) after removing water with a WW MF and applying with a dry MF. I recently tried OCW after drying without the OID. OMG... Best of sealant and carnauba heaven?

What's the difference between the FK425 and OID? I tried the pink CG synthetic detailer that looks like the FK425 with ok results. Too much streaking for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_s View Post
    CEE DOG, Hmmm... FK425?

I used to dry with a synthetic chamois and a particular vendors ID that was compatible with their wax. I still love their wax but there are better IDs.

I started using OID earlier this year with wonderful success (slick, shiny and bright on a white surface) after removing water with a WW MF and applying with a dry MF. I recently tried OCW after drying without the OID. OMG... Best of sealant and carnauba heaven?

What's the difference between the FK425 and OID? I tried the pink CG synthetic detailer that looks like the FK425 with ok results. Too much streaking for me.
    FK is slicker, but OID is cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    FK is slicker, but OID is cheaper.
    Wow. OID was slick after application but was significantly slicker 24 hours later.

I may have to get a trial size of the FK425 for laughs and giggles.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

"235MPH Toro leaf blower"

WOW, I'm surprised you didn't blow the paint right off your car with that thing ...I rinse w/ CR spotless, and blow dry with a cheap Black and Decker leaf blower (around $45.00) . Works great even on black, absolutely no problem!
    Signature Car Care... Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    http://www.signaturecarcare.com/
    "May the shine be with you" Uncle Stu

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DARK HORSE View Post
    "235MPH Toro leaf blower"

WOW, I'm surprised you didn't blow the paint right off your car with that thing ...I rinse w/ CR spotless, and blow dry with a cheap Black and Decker leaf blower (around $45.00) . Works great even on black, absolutely no problem!
    Well the neighbors house is down the street somewhere. At least what's left of it...

I didn't expect the residue as I've used soft water for 4-5 years and hand dried. The Toro was too heavy and unweldy, and I'm not a little guy. Maybe a cordless makes better sense for what I want to do?

Post Thanks / Like

I found FK 425 streaky..... and cant imagine it being slicker then OID.... I am definitely gonna have to revisit it if you say it's slicker... OID is SLICK

Post Thanks / Like

This is new to me... why would you use a leaf blower to dry your car? You have a greater chance of blowing some dirt or something on your paint which could eventually get on your pad or mf while buffing... leaving major scratches, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quiksilver39 View Post
    This is new to me... why would you use a leaf blower to dry your car? You have a greater chance of blowing some dirt or something on your paint which could eventually get on your pad or mf while buffing... leaving major scratches, right?
    The op knows how to use the flooding method, so there is not much water left on the paint. The main reason for the leaf blower is to get water out of the nook and crannies.

Post Thanks / Like

Rite on! I use the flooding method too but use the 5MPH lung blower which doesn't last too long and get into the hard to reach places... something to look into. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quiksilver39 View Post
    Rite on! I use the flooding method too but use the 5MPH lung blower which doesn't last too long and get into the hard to reach places... something to look into. Thanks!
    Done that for years, but since upgraded.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast