autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

new products and static electricity?

so i recently ordered some higher end products like dp, menzerna, zaino, wolfgang, pinnacle. and they all yield amazing resultls and this wierd thing. they all seem to make mycar like very staticky like turning your tv off. its really wierd and strong if you out your arm near the car it will make your hair stand up and even shock you. ### is that about is it normal? the over the counter stuff doesnt do this? has this happened to anyone else? alls i can come up with is these products have brought my surface to such a clean,eben,smooth surface that it makes it easy to become charged. idk it seems so frekin wierd to me hopefully someone can chime in on this?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: new products and static electricity ###?

lol. i haven't experienced this. But i have heard this happen in cold places. Anyway, you can try Finish Kare 425 to take care of that static, it claims to have an anti-static element to it besides being one of the most sought after QDs.

Stop whining and crying like a baby! Life sucks...deal with it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ccapital83 View Post
    so i recently ordered some higher end products like dp, menzerna, zaino, wolfgang, pinnacle. and they all yield amazing resultls and this wierd thing. they all seem to make mycar like very staticky like turning your tv off. its really wierd and strong if you out your arm near the car it will make your hair stand up and even shock you. ### is that about is it normal? the over the counter stuff doesnt do this? has this happened to anyone else? alls i can come up with is these products have brought my surface to such a clean,eben,smooth surface that it makes it easy to become charged. idk it seems so frekin wierd to me hopefully someone can chime in on this?
    It's probably the weather.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry about that punctuation :/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ccapital83 View Post
    Ok so I'm not the only one going crazy. This started happening to me after I gave the car her first real polish. Used Wolfgangs TSR followed by their sealnt. Topped with supernatural. I was getting massive shocks for a couple of months. They finally went down this past week. Not sure if its related to the fact thay i washed her with ONR for the first time and topped with a coat of fuzion. Maybe its all coincedence but very weird.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rohnramirez View Post
    lol. i haven't experienced this. But i have heard this happen in cold places. Anyway, you can try Finish Kare 425 to take care of that static, it claims to have an anti-static element to it besides being one of the most sought after QDs.
    LOL I have now proved that claim as bogus. I wiped my car down with it and caused static when there wasn't any before the wipe down

Really I think its the weather

Post Thanks / Like

It could be the towels used. Friction with the microfiber towels causes static.

Post Thanks / Like

I have and use FK425 bought because it's suppose to cause less static.Don't get me wrong great QD but as far as static i really don't see it helping.
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
    I have and use FK425 bought because it's suppose to cause less static.Don't get me wrong great QD but as far as static i really don't see it helping.
    Water could be anti-static to a point also. If something is wet there isn't really any static.

Post Thanks / Like

It's probably the weather/coincidence.

Has anyone tried a second pass with FK 425? It may help the anti-static claims if the product is already on the whole car. Either way I love the product as a drying aid, hadn't brought it out for a while till my last wash and I forgot how much I like it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast