autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

First time Klasse user with ?'s

I have a brand new black Acura TSX. Paint is good even with a very bright halogen light at night.

There is nothing on the paint other than maybe some ONR residue from a recent wash. Do I need to use a cleaner on the paint before using Klasse sealant (not the AIO)?

For my minivan, it currently has EX-P on it. Can I apply Klasse over EX-P?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First time Klasse user with ?'s

Quote Originally Posted by emaxxman View Post
    I have a brand new black Acura TSX. Paint is good even with a very bright halogen light at night.

There is nothing on the paint other than maybe some ONR residue from a recent wash. Do I need to use a cleaner on the paint before using Klasse sealant (not the AIO)?

For my minivan, it currently has EX-P on it. Can I apply Klasse over EX-P?

Thanks.
    Are you sure the car was not waxed at the dealership? Even if they just washed it, there could have been some wax in the soap.

If you're positive there is nothing on the paint, then you can go ahead and use SG. Personally, I would use AIO first.

As for SG bonding to EX-P, I wouldn't count on it. SG is a pretty finicky sealant, so once again, I would recommend using AIO first.

Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

I'd recomend using the AIO even if you think you don't need it.
    I used Klasse for the first time on Monday and I'm very happy with it. AIO is a breeze to use but be carefull with SG.

Good Luck.
    CORN FED STI

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with both above, they are called "the Klasse Twins" for a reason. Though I have never used them apart from each other to compare. And remember when applying "thin is in", especially with the SG.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A4 1.8tqm View Post
    I agree with both above, they are called "the Klasse Twins" for a reason. Though I have never used them apart from each other to compare. And remember when applying "thin is in", especially with the SG.
    I agree. Also, if residues are stubborn, just mist a little water or QD on. This will help with the removal of the residue. I've pretty much stopped trying to buff off dry acrylic residue, I just apply as thin as I can, let it dry for 10-20 minutes, then QD.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, and a tip I read from Killrwheels was to get a small pump spray bottle, like $0.98 at a beauty supply store. Its easy to apply a small amount, and convenient for reapplying to any stubborn to remove spots instead of water or QD. I feel like you get better, more even application this way. :xyzthumbs:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A4 1.8tqm View Post
    Yep, and a tip I read from Killrwheels was to get a small pump spray bottle, like $0.98 at a beauty supply store. Its easy to apply a small amount, and convenient for reapplying to any stubborn to remove spots instead of water or QD. I feel like you get better, more even application this way. :xyzthumbs:

This is the method I used and it works.
    Thanks Killrwheels
    CORN FED STI

Post Thanks / Like

you are welcome .... its the easiest way to use the bulletproof combo. And I always use them back to back, a one two punch !

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all for the advice. Sorry for the delayed response. It's been crazy with Christmas.

I managed to get a coat of the sealant glaze on before Xmas. I figured it was better than nothing...especially with a snow storm in the forecast for Xmas.

I'll look to get some Klasse AIO soon and reapply for the best durability.

Quick questions:
    1) I've read that Klasse can't get wet before it has time to properly cure. Why is using a QD in the buffing stage not a detriment to the durability and bonding?

2) Klasse doesn't appear to have any fillers (by the visible dealer installed swirl marks - from their automated car wash). After I apply AIO and the sealant, is there product with fillers that I can use to fill in the very slight swirls?

The swirls are not so serious that I would consider polishing - especially since the car is only 1 month old. But the car is a crystal black pearl finish and the swirls in bright sunlight are really bothering me...especially since I know better about swirls now.

Can I put Poorboy's Black Hole over the Klasse twins and then top with EX-P?

The products I have on hand are:
    Klasse SG
    NXT 2.0
    Poorboy's EXP
    OCW
    ONR - I know, not a wax/sealant but I use it for my QD.

I also have a bottle (unopened) of DP paint polish. If I remember correctly, it was a non-abrasive polish meant to only clean the paint. The DP is about 3 years old - sat in the garage but never froze.

Can I use it to clean the paint like Klasse AIO and the put Klasse SG over it?

Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all for the advice. Sorry for the delayed response. It's been crazy with Christmas.

I managed to get a coat of the sealant glaze on before Xmas. I figured it was better than nothing...especially with a snow storm in the forecast for Xmas.

I'll look to get some Klasse AIO soon and reapply for the best durability.

Quick questions:
    1) I've read that Klasse can't get wet before it has time to properly cure. Why is using a QD in the buffing stage not a detriment to the durability and bonding?
    People write things...it doesn't mean they're correct. Klasse doesn't really "cure" in the sense that there's a chemical reaction going on. You're not going to see any reduction in longevity by using a QD or water to remove residue.

2) Klasse doesn't appear to have any fillers (by the visible dealer installed swirl marks - from their automated car wash). After I apply AIO and the sealant, is there product with fillers that I can use to fill in the very slight swirls?

The swirls are not so serious that I would consider polishing - especially since the car is only 1 month old. But the car is a crystal black pearl finish and the swirls in bright sunlight are really bothering me...especially since I know better about swirls now.

Can I put Poorboy's Black Hole over the Klasse twins and then top with EX-P?

The products I have on hand are:
    Klasse SG
    NXT 2.0
    Poorboy's EXP
    OCW
    ONR - I know, not a wax/sealant but I use it for my QD.

I also have a bottle (unopened) of DP paint polish. If I remember correctly, it was a non-abrasive polish meant to only clean the paint. The DP is about 3 years old - sat in the garage but never froze.

Can I use it to clean the paint like Klasse AIO and the put Klasse SG over it?

Thanks again.
    You're making this way more complicated than it needs to be. Pick one LSP, or a matched pair like Klasse, and stick with it. If there are swirls, you need to polish them out or live with them. If you want to try to fill the swirls, then use that product instead of Klasse, not over or under it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast